History of Mathematics Editorial Committee
- Committee is standing
- Number of members is four
- Term is four years
- The main aspect of the Committee’s activity is to evaluate and recommend suitable books for publication in the History of Mathematics book series.
- The majority of proposals will come to the Committee from AMS Acquisitions Editors. However, members of the Editorial Committee may also solicit proposals for the series.
The AMS committee members and chair are appointed by the President, upon nomination by the Editorial Boards Committee. Travel reimbursement for this committee has been designated at LEVEL B.
Note to the Chair
Committee chairs should be informed, at the beginning of each fiscal period, of the budget of their committees and cautioned to remain within the budget. Such items as travel reimbursement, accommodations, and meals for guests of any kind fall within these budgets.
For the purpose of archiving the committee activities, the Secretary maintains a central file system for archiving committee records. Committee Chairs are asked to submit committee records on yearly basis. Chairs can submit material at their discretion, and some materials that they may wish to provide are meeting minutes, agenda, and emails. Confidential material should be noted, so that it can be handled in a confidential manner.
- Council minutes of 4 August 87, item 4.7
- Letter from E. Pitcher, 15 December 87; Coun. Min. 9/8/92, item 3.2.4;
- 6/18/90, P. Duren
- Updated 10/90; 11/94; 5/95; 6/97;1/06; 8/09; 1/12;1/13 Council Item 3.1; 7/22
- Updated 1/2015 per Council Item 3.2;
A list of current and past members is available here: