Mathematics of Computation Editorial Committee
- Committee is standing
- Number of members is four
- Term is four years
- To discuss and set editorial policy with regard to the publication of Mathematics of Computation.
- To make recommendations on retention of current, and selection of new Associate Editors.
- To take on the same responsibilities as those of associate editors.
- The chair of the committee is to act as the Managing Editor of the journal, receiving all manuscripts submitted to the journal, assigning them to appropriate editors for review, and making the final decision on acceptance of papers, based on the recommendations of referees and editors. The chair is to conduct the correspondence with authors and to keep records of all editorial activities.
The chair of the Editorial Committee, who is also Managing Editor of the journal, will be appointed by the Council, upon nomination by the Editorial Boards Committee (EBC). Editors are appointed by the President upon recommendation of the EBC in consultation with the Managing Editor. Associate Editors are appointed by the President upon recommendation of the Editors and the approval of the EBC. The term of Associate Editors is four years. This committee will conduct, at most, one meeting per year. Travel reimbursement for this committee has been designated at LEVEL B.
Members normally serve no more than two consecutive terms.
From the charge to the Editorial Boards Committee:
The [Editorial Boards] Committee shall recommend appointees to certain editorial committees to the AMS President and the Council. To that end, it shall solicit suggestions for those editorial committees by consulting with managing editors, current editorial committees, and other interested parties. The committee should take into account both the interests of the publications and the overall interests of the Society.
Note to the Chair
For the purpose of archiving the committee activities, the Secretary maintains a central file system for archiving committee records. Committee Chairs are asked to submit committee records on yearly basis. Chairs can submit material at their discretion, and some materials that they may wish to provide are meeting minutes, agenda, and emails. Confidential material should be noted, so that it can be handled in a confidential manner.
- Council meetings, August 29, 1961, and August 25, 1964.
- Board of Trustees meeting, December 17 18, 1964.
- Updated 10/13 to clarify that Associate Editor appointments need presidential approval.
- Council January 05, 2016: Updated the language in under Principal Activities.
- January 03, 2017, Item 3.3: Removed language about book reviews from Item 4 of the Principal Activities.
- 09 January 2018 Council Item 4.7.3: Clarified appointment process.
- Updated 7/22
A list of current and past members is available here: