- Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Number of members three – the Treasurer (Chair), the Associate Treasurer, and the Chair of the BT.
- Staff support is the responsibility of the executive with general responsibility for human resources matters (currently the Chief Financial Officer & Associate Executive Director for Finance & Administration).
The Committee’s primary responsibility is to consider the implications of salary increases in the long run.
The Committee communicates with staff as part of the annual budget cycle to review overall salary increases, with the goal of producing a recommendation for salary increases to the BT that is supported by both the staff and the Committee.
The Committee is generally active in the fall and meets several weeks prior to the fall BT meeting.
Note to the Chair
Committee chairs should be informed, at the beginning of each fiscal period, of the budget of their committees and cautioned to remain within the budget. Such items as travel reimbursement, accommodations, and meals for guests of any kind fall within these budgets.
For the purpose of archiving the committee activities, the Secretary maintains a central file system for archiving committee records. Committee Chairs are asked to submit committee records on yearly basis. Chairs can submit material at their discretion, and some materials that they may wish to provide are meeting minutes, agenda, and emails. Confidential material should be noted, so that it can be handled in a confidential manner.
- 11/82 ECBT Minutes, pg.2 (BT Exec Session), Item 8.5: Salaries for 1983. Board Chairman Alex Rosenberg appointed a Committee on Salary Policy, consisting of.(four members). The Committee was charged to consider the implications of salary increases in the long run. The Committee is to consider both the general policy with respect to upper level people and the mechanisms of setting salaries, that is, by whom and when they are set. The Committee members are expected to be able to draw on their experience in their academic or professional positions. The Committee is requested to report at the May ECBT meeting.
- 5/86 ECBT Minutes, pg.29, Item 7.8: Trustees' Committee on Salaries. Board of Trustees was asked to consider whether the Committee was still needed, in view of the facts that it has not been active recently and there is a standing Committee on Staff and Services. Graham said that the Committee has plans to become active again, therefore the Board agreed that the Committee should be left in place.
- 11/89 ECBT Minutes, pg. 15, Item 7.10: This Committee presently consists of four members: the Treasurer, the Associate Treasurer, the Chair of the Board of Trustees and another member of the Board of Trustees. The Board approved the ABC's recommendation that the fourth member of this Committee be the third year member of the Board of Trustees.
- 11/99 ECBT Minutes, Executive Session: The Committee membership was changed to three members: The BT Chair, the AMS Treasurer, and the AMS Associate Treasurer. All serve ex officio.
- 11/02 ECBT Minutes, item 3.7: Charge to Committee was updated.
- 11/19 ECBT Minutes, Executive Session: The word "meets" in the first line of the Principal Activities section was changed to "communicates," and the description of the Staff Support was updated.
A list of current and past members is available here: