Laminations and Foliations in Dynamics, Geometry and Topology
About this Title
Mikhail Lyubich, John W. Milnor and Yair N. Minsky, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 269
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-1985-2 (print); 978-0-8218-7859-0 (online)
MathSciNet review: 1810533
This volume is based on a conference held at SUNY, Stony Brook (NY). The concepts of laminations and foliations appear in a diverse number of fields, such as topology, geometry, analytic differential equations, holomorphic dynamics, and renormalization theory. Although these areas have developed deep relations, each has developed distinct research fields with little interaction among practitioners. The conference brought together the diverse points of view of researchers from different areas. This book includes surveys and research papers reflecting the broad spectrum of themes presented at the event.
Of particular interest are the articles by F. Bonahon, “Geodesic Laminations on Surfaces”, and D. Gabai, “Three Lectures on Foliations and Laminations on 3-manifolds”, which are based on minicourses that took place during the conference.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in geometry, topology, and dynamics.
Table of Contents
- Francis Bonahon – Geodesic laminations on surfaces [MR 1810534]
- César Camacho – Dicritical singularities of holomorphic vector fields [MR 1810535]
- John Erik Fornæss and Nessim Sibony – Dynamics of (examples) [MR 1810536]
- David Gabai – 3 lectures on foliations and laminations on 3-manifolds [MR 1810537]
- Jan Kiwi – Rational laminations of complex polynomials [MR 1810538]
- José Seade and Alberto Verjovsky – Actions of discrete groups on complex projective spaces [MR 1810539]
- Saeed Zakeri – Dynamics of singular holomorphic foliations on the complex projective plane [MR 1810540]