Complex Manifolds and Hyperbolic Geometry
About this Title
Clifford J. Earle, William J. Harvey and Sevín Recillas-Pishmish, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 311
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-2957-8 (print); 978-0-8218-7901-6 (online)
MathSciNet review: 1940160
This volume derives from the second Iberoamerican Congress on Geometry, held in 2001 in Mexico at the Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas A.C. The conference topics were chosen with an eye toward the presentation of new methods, recent results, and the creation of more interconnections between the different research groups working in complex manifolds and hyperbolic geometry.
Included here are their discussions revolving around questions of geometry that are related in one way or another to functions of a complex variable. There are contributors on Riemann surfaces, hyperbolic geometry, Teichmüller spaces, and quasiconformal maps.
Complex geometry has many applications—triangulations of surfaces, combinatorics, ordinary differential equations, complex dynamics, and the geometry of special curves and jacobians, among others. In this book, research mathematicians around the globe working on complex geometry will find a selection of strong papers by international experts.
Research mathematicians and graduate students in complex geometry, hyperbolic geometry and Teichmüller spaces.
Table of Contents
- Araceli M. Bonifant and Marius Dabija – Self-maps of with invariant elliptic curves [MR 1940161]
- Jeffrey F. Brock – Pants decompositions and the Weil-Petersson metric [MR 1940162]
- Angel Carocca, Sevín Recillas and Rubí E. Rodríguez – Dihedral groups acting on Jacobians [MR 1940163]
- Clifford J. Earle – Schwarz's lemma and Teichmüller contraction [MR 1940164]
- Clifford J. Earle, Vladimir Markovic and Dragomir Saric – Barycentric extension and the Bers embedding for asymptotic Teichmüller space [MR 1940165]
- Adam Lawrence Epstein – Symmetric rigidity for real polynomials with real critical points [MR 1940166]
- Hershel M. Farkas and Irwin Kra – On theta constant identities and the evaluation of trigonometric sums [MR 1940167]
- Alexander Gamburd and Eran Makover – On the genus of a random Riemann surface [MR 1940168]
- F. P. Gardiner, J. Hu and N. Lakic – Earthquake curves [MR 1940169]
- F. P. Gardiner and N. Lakic – Efficient smooth quasiconformal mappings [MR 1940170]
- T. M. Gendron – The Ehrenpreis conjecture and the moduli-rigidity gap [MR 1940171]
- Jane Gilman and Linda Keen – Word sequences and intersection numbers [MR 1940172]
- L. Giraldo and X. Gómez-Mont – A law of conservation of number for local Euler characteristics [MR 1940173]
- G. González-Díez and W. J. Harvey – On families of algebraic curves with automorphisms [MR 1940174]
- Rubén A. Hidalgo – Real surfaces, Riemann matrices and algebraic curves [MR 1940175]
- Nikola Lakic and Sudeb Mitra – Approximation by meromorphic quadratic differentials [MR 1940176]
- Bernard Maskit – On the topology of classical Schottky space [MR 1940177]
- R. Silhol – Hyperbolic lego and algebraic curves in genus 2 and 3 [MR 1940178]
- Perry Susskind – The Margulis region and continued fractions [MR 1940179]