Advances in Quantum Dynamics
About this Title
Geoffrey L. Price, B. Mitchell Baker, Palle E. T. Jorgensen and Paul S. Muhly, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 335
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-3215-8 (print); 978-0-8218-7925-2 (online)
MathSciNet review: 2023163
This volume contains the proceedings of the conference “Advances in Quantum Dynamics”. The purpose of the conference was to assess the current state of knowledge and to outline future research directions of quantum dynamical semigroups on von Neumann algebras.
For over a decade, W. B. Arveson and R. T. Powers have pioneered the effort to understand the structure of irreversible quantum dynamical systems on von Neumann algebras. Their papers in this volume serve as an excellent introduction to the theory. Also included are contributions in other areas which have had an impact on the theory, such as Brownian motion, dilation theory, quantum probability, and free probability.
The volume is suitable for graduate students and research mathematicians interested in the dynamics of quantum systems and corresponding topics in the theory of operator algebras.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in the dynamics of quantum systems and corresponding topics in the theory of operator algebras.
Table of Contents
- William Arveson – Four lectures on noncommutative dynamics [MR 2026010]
- Robert T. Powers – Construction of -semigroups of from CP-flows [MR 2026011]
- B. V. Rajarama Bhat – Atomic dilations [MR 2026012]
- Fabio Cipriani and Jean-Luc Sauvageot – Strong solutions to the Dirichlet problem for differential forms: a quantum dynamical semigroup approach [MR 2026013]
- David E. Evans and Paulo R. Pinto – Modular invariants and their fusion rules [MR 2026014]
- Remus Floricel – A decomposition of -semigroups [MR 2026015]
- Rolf Gohm – A duality between extension and dilation [MR 2026016]
- Ilan Hirshberg and Joachim Zacharias – On the structure of spectral algebras and their generalizations [MR 2026017]
- Yoshikazu Katayama and Masamichi Takesaki – Outer actions of a countable discrete amenable group on an AFD factor [MR 2029621]
- Takeshi Katsura – A construction of -algebras from -correspondences [MR 2029622]
- Yasuyuki Kawahigashi – Classification of operator algebraic conformal field theories [MR 2029623]
- Akitaka Kishimoto – Rohlin property for flows [MR 2029624]
- Claus Köstler – Survey on a quantum stochastic extension of Stone's theorem [MR 2029625]
- Daniel Markiewicz – Quantized convolution semigroups [MR 2029626]
- Paul S. Muhly and Baruch Solel – A model for quantum Markov semigroups [MR 2029627]
- Timur Oikhberg, Haskell P. Rosenthal and Erling Størmer – A predual characterization of semi-finite von Neumann algebras [MR 2029628]
- Shôichirô Sakai – Pure states on -algebras [MR 2029629]
- Michael Skeide – Commutants of von Neumann modules, representations of and other topics related to product systems of Hilbert modules [MR 2029630]
- Roland Speicher – Non-commutative Brownian motions [MR 2029631]
- Boris Tsirelson – Non-isomorphic product systems [MR 2029632]