Real and Complex Singularities
About this Title
Terence Gaffney and Maria Aparecida Soares Ruas, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 354
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-3665-1 (print); 978-0-8218-7944-3 (online)
MathSciNet review: 2088465
The Workshop on Real and Complex Singularities is held every other year at the Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computação (São Carlos, Brazil) and brings together specialists in the vanguard of singularities and its applications. This volume contains articles contributed by participants of the seventh workshop.
The included papers reflect Fields Medalist René Thom's original vision of singularities and represent all branches of the subject: equisingularity of sets and mappings, the geometry of singular complex analytic sets, singularities of mappings and their elimination, characteristic classes, applications to differential geometry, differential equations, and bifurcation theory.
The book is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in singularity theory.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in singularity theory.
Table of Contents
- J. W. Bruce, G. J. Fletcher and F. Tari – Zero curves of families of curve congruences [MR 2087801]
- Alexandru Dimca and András Némethi – Hypersurface complements, Alexander modules and monodromy [MR 2087802]
- Daniel Dreibelbis – Invariance of the diagonal contribution in a bitangency formula [MR 2087803]
- Eduardo Esteves and Steven L. Kleiman – Bounds on leaves of foliations of the plane [MR 2087804]
- László M. Fehér and Richárd Rimányi – Calculation of Thom polynomials and other cohomological obstructions for group actions [MR 2087805]
- Alexandre C. G. Fernandes and Carlos Humberto Soares, Júnior – On the bilipschitz triviality of families of real maps [MR 2087806]
- Jacques-Elie Furter and Angela Maria Sitta – A note on the path formulation for -forced symmetry breaking bifurcation [MR 2087807]
- Terence Gaffney – Polar methods, invariants of pairs of modules and equisingularity [MR 2087808]
- Isabel S. Labouriau and Carlos M. S. G. Rito – Stability of equilibria in equations of Hodgkin-Huxley type [MR 2087809]
- A. Libgober – Isolated non-normal crossings [MR 2087810]
- András Némethi – Invariants of normal surface singularities [MR 2087811]
- R. D. S. Oliveira – Families of pairs of Hamiltonian vector fields in the plane [MR 2087812]
- A. A. du Plessis and C. T. C. Wall – Topology of unfoldings of singularities in the and series [MR 2087813]
- María del Carmen Romero-Fuster – Semiumbilics and geometrical dynamics on surfaces in 4-spaces [MR 2087814]
- Dirk Siersma and Mihai Tibăr – On the vanishing cycles of a meromorphic function on the complement of its poles [MR 2087815]
- Jan Stevens – Some adjacencies to cusp singularities [MR 2087816]
- András Szűcs – Elimination of singularities by cobordism [MR 2088057]