Algebraic and Topological Dynamics
About this Title
Sergiy Kolyada, Yuri Manin and Thomas Ward, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 385
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-3751-1 (print); 978-0-8218-7975-7 (online)
MathSciNet review: 2181447
This volume contains a collection of articles from the special program on algebraic and topological dynamics and a workshop on dynamical systems held at the Max-Planck Institute (Bonn, Germany). It reflects the extraordinary vitality of dynamical systems in its interaction with a broad range of mathematical subjects.
Topics covered in the book include asymptotic geometric analysis, transformation groups, arithmetic dynamics, complex dynamics, symbolic dynamics, statistical properties of dynamical systems, and the theory of entropy and chaos.
The book is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in dynamical systems.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in dynamical systems.
Table of Contents
- Michał Misiurewicz – Ergodic natural measures [MR 2180226]
- Tomasz Downarowicz – Survey of odometers and Toeplitz flows [MR 2180227]
- S. Bezuglyi, J. Kwiatkowski and K. Medynets – Approximation in ergodic theory, Borel, and Cantor dynamics [MR 2180228]
- A. H. Dooley – The critical dimension: an approach to non-singular entropy [MR 2180229]
- Jon Aaronson and Mariusz Lemańczyk – Exactness of Rokhlin endomorphisms and weak mixing of Poisson boundaries [MR 2180230]
- Marcy Barge and Jaroslaw Kwapisz – Elements of the theory of unimodular Pisot substitutions with an application to -shifts [MR 2180231]
- Wen Huang, Song Shao and Xiangdong Ye – Mixing via sequence entropy [MR 2180232]
- Viviane Baladi – Anisotropic Sobolev spaces and dynamical transfer operators: foliations [MR 2180233]
- D. Mayer and T. Mühlenbruch – From the transfer operator for geodesic flows on modular surfaces to the Hecke operators on period functions of [MR 2180234]
- Susanne Koch and Manfred Denker – Hausdorff dimension for Martin metrics [MR 2180235]
- Michael C. Sullivan – Twistwise flow equivalence and beyond [MR 2180236]
- Alexander Fel′shtyn – Dynamical zeta functions and symplectic Floer homology [MR 2180237]
- Yaroslav Vorobets – Periodic geodesics on generic translation surfaces [MR 2180238]
- Sergio Albeverio and Alexandre Kosyak – Group action, quasi-invariant measures and quasiregular representations of the infinite-dimensional nilpotent group [MR 2180239]
- Dmitry Kleinbock and Barak Weiss – Friendly measures, homogeneous flows and singular vectors [MR 2180240]
- G. Everest, V. Stangoe and T. Ward – Orbit counting with an isometric direction [MR 2180241]
- Martin Schmoll – Spaces of elliptic differentials [MR 2180242]
- Klaus Thomsen – On the structure of beta shifts [MR 2180243]
- Valérie Berthé, Sébastien Ferenczi and Luca Q. Zamboni – Interactions between dynamics, arithmetics and combinatorics: the good, the bad, and the ugly [MR 2180244]