Geometry and Dynamics
About this Title
James Eells, Etienne Ghys, Mikhail Lyubich, Jacob Palis and José Seade, Editors
This volume is based on talks given at the Conference in Honor of the 60th Anniversary of Alberto Verjovsky, a prominent mathematician in Latin America who made significant contributions to dynamical systems, geometry, and topology. Articles in the book present recent work in these areas and are suitable for graduate students and research mathematicians.
The book is suitable for graduate students and research mathematicians interested in dynamical systems, geometry, and topology.
Table of Contents
- Artur Avila and Carlos Gustavo Moreira – Phase-parameter relation and sharp statistical properties for general families of unimodal maps [MR 2181956]
- N. M. Atakishiyev and A. U. Klimyk – Hamiltonian operators in noncommutative world [MR 2181957]
- Oliver Baues and William M. Goldman – Is the deformation space of complete affine structures on the 2-torus smooth? [MR 2181958]
- Marco Brunella – Some remarks on parabolic foliations [MR 2181959]
- Adrien Douady – Geometry and dynamics of the complement of a compact set in $\Bbb C$ [MR 2181960]
- C. Denson Hill and Egmont Porten – The H-principle and pseudoconcave CR manifolds [MR 2181961]
- Gabriela Hinojosa – Wild knots as limit sets of Kleinian groups [MR 2181962]
- Christophe Kapoudjian and Vlad Sergiescu – An extension of the Burau representation to a mapping class group associated to Thompson’s group $T$ [MR 2181963]
- Frank Loray – Sur les Théorèmes I et II de Painlevé [MR 2181964]
- Gabriel P. Paternain and Jimmy Petean – On the growth rate of contractible closed geodesics on reducible manifolds [MR 2181965]