Moving Interface Problems and Applications in Fluid Dynamics
About this Title
Boo Cheong Khoo, Zhilin Li and Ping Lin, Editors
This volume is a collection of research papers presented at the program on Moving Interface Problems and Applications in Fluid Dynamics, which was held between January 8 and March 31, 2007 at the Institute for Mathematical Sciences (IMS) of the National University of Singapore. The topics discussed include modeling and simulations of biological flow coupled to deformable tissue/elastic structure, shock wave and bubble dynamics and various applications including biological treatments with experimental verification, multi-medium flow or multi-phase flow and various applications including cavitation/supercavitation, detonation problems, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluid, and many other areas. Readers can benefit from some recent research results in these areas.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in numerical analysis, computational fluid dynamics, and mathematical biology.
Table of Contents
- Robert Dillon, Markus Owen and Kevin Painter – A single-cell-based model of multicellular growth using the immersed boundary method [MR 2454308]
- Jinsong Hua, Ping Lin and Jan F. Stene – Numerical simulation of gas bubbles rising in viscous liquids at high Reynolds number [MR 2454309]
- Kazufumi Ito and Zhonghua Qiao – A high order finite difference scheme for the Stokes equations [MR 2454310]
- Song Jiang and Guoxi Ni – An efficient $\gamma $-model BGK scheme for multicomponent flows on unstructured meshes [MR 2454311]
- Duc Vinh Le, Boo Cheong Khoo and Zhilin Li – An implicit-forcing immersed interface method for the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations [MR 2454312]
- Aaron Naber, Chun Liu and James J. Feng – The nucleation and growth of gas bubbles in a Newtonian fluid: an energetic variational phase field approach [MR 2454313]
- Xing-Bin Pan – Critical fields of liquid crystals [MR 2454314]
- Julian Palacios and Gretar Tryggvason – The transient motion of buoyant bubbles in a vertical Couette flow [MR 2454315]
- X. Sheldon Wang – Issues of immersed boundary/continuum methods [MR 2454316]
- Hui Xie, Kazufumi Ito, Zhilin Li and Jari Toivanen – A finite element method for interface problems with locally modified triangulations [MR 2454317]