Geometric and Probabilistic Structures in Dynamics
About this Title
Keith Burns, Dmitry Dolgopyat and Yakov Pesin, Editors
This book presents a collection of articles that cover areas of mathematics related to dynamical systems. The authors are well-known experts who use geometric and probabilistic methods to study interesting problems in the theory of dynamical systems and its applications. Some of the articles are surveys while others are original contributions. The topics covered include: Riemannian geometry, models in mathematical physics and mathematical biology, symbolic dynamics, random and stochastic dynamics.
This book can be used by graduate students and researchers in dynamical systems and its applications.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in dynamical systems and geometry.
Table of Contents
- Victor Bakhtin and Yuri Kifer – Nonconvergence examples in averaging [MR 2478463]
- Werner Ballmann and Sergei Buyalo – Periodic rank one geodesics in Hadamard spaces [MR 2478464]
- Viviane Baladi and Masato Tsujii – Dynamical determinants and spectrum for hyperbolic diffeomorphisms [MR 2478465]
- Mike Boyle – Open problems in symbolic dynamics [MR 2478466]
- Henk Bruin and Michael Jakobson – New examples of topologically equivalent S-unimodal maps with different metric properties [MR 2478467]
- Dmitri Burago and Sergei Ivanov – A remark on the group of PL-homeomorphisms in dimension one [MR 2478468]
- Dmitry Dolgopyat – Fermi acceleration [MR 2478469]
- Patrick Eberlein – Riemannian 2-step nilmanifolds with prescribed Ricci tensor [MR 2478470]
- Giovanni Forni – On the Greenfield-Wallach and Katok conjectures in dimension three [MR 2478471]
- Mark Freidlin – Metastability and stochastic resonance for multiscale systems [MR 2478472]
- M. Gromov – Mendelian dynamics and Sturtevant’s paradigm [MR 2478473]
- S. Newhouse, M. Berz, J. Grote and K. Makino – On the estimation of topological entropy on surfaces [MR 2478474]
- S. P. Novikov – Dynamical systems and differential forms. Low dimensional Hamiltonian systems [MR 2478475]
- Mark Pollicott and Richard Sharp – Periodic orbits and holonomy for hyperbolic flows [MR 2478476]
- F. Rodriguez Hertz, M. A. Rodriguez Hertz and R. Ures – On existence and uniqueness of weak foliations in dimension 3 [MR 2478477]
- Yakov G. Sinai and Corinna Ulcigrai – A limit theorem for Birkhoff sums of non-integrable functions over rotations [MR 2478478]