Singularities II: Geometric and Topological Aspects
About this Title
Jean-Paul Brasselet, José Luis Cisneros-Molina, David Massey, José Seade and Bernard Teissier, Editors
This is the second part of the Proceedings of the meeting “School and Workshop on the Geometry and Topology of Singularities”, held in Cuernavaca, Mexico, from January 8th to 26th of 2007, in celebration of the 60th Birthday of Lê Dũng Tráng.
This volume contains fourteen cutting-edge research articles on geometric and topological aspects of singularities of spaces and maps. By reading this volume, and the accompanying volume on algebraic and analytic aspects of singularities, the reader should gain an appreciation for the depth, breadth, and beauty of the subject, and also find a rich source of questions and problems for future study.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in the geometry and topology of singular spaces and maps.
Table of Contents
- Selma Altınok and Mohan Bhupal – Minimal page-genus of Milnor open books on links of rational surface singularities [MR 2454357]
- Denis Chéniot – Homotopical variation [MR 2454358]
- José Luis Cisneros-Molina – Join theorem for polar weighted homogeneous singularities [MR 2454370]
- Ha Huy Vui and Nguyen Tat Thang – On the topology of polynomial functions on algebraic surfaces in $\Bbb C^n$ [MR 2454359]
- Helmut A. Hamm – On theorems of Zariski-Lefschetz type [MR 2454360]
- Luis Hernández de la Cruz and Santiago López de Medrano – Some families of isolated singularities [MR 2454361]
- Dmitry Kerner – On the collisions of singular points of complex algebraic plane curves [MR 2454362]
- Laurent Meersseman and Alberto Verjovsky – Sur les variétés LV-M [MR 2454363]
- Françoise Michel – Jacobian curves for normal complex surfaces [MR 2454364]
- Mutsuo Oka – Geometry of pencil of plane curves via Taylor expansions [MR 2454365]
- Patrick Popescu-Pampu – On the cohomology rings of holomorphically fillable manifolds [MR 2454366]
- R. N. Araújo dos Santos – Uniform (m)-condition and strong Milnor fibrations [MR 2454367]
- M. Shubladze – On the topology of hyperplane singularities of finite codimension [MR 2454368]
- Claude Weber – On the topology of singularities [MR 2454369]