Rings, Modules and Representations
About this Volume
Edited by: Nguyen Viet Dung, Franco Guerriero, Lakhdar Hammoudi and Pramod Kanwar
2009: Volume: 480
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-4370-3 (print); 978-0-8218-8159-0 (online)
This volume originated from talks given at the International Conference on Rings and Things held in June, 2007 at Ohio University–Zanesville.
The papers in this volume contain the latest results in current active research areas in the theory of rings and modules, including noncommutative and commutative ring theory, module theory, representation theory, and coding theory. In particular, papers in this volume deal with topics such as decomposition theory of modules, injectivity and generalizations, tilting theory, rings and modules with chain conditions, Leavitt path algebras, representations of finite dimensional algebras, and codes over rings. While most of these papers are original research articles, some are expository surveys.
This book is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in noncommutative ring and module theory, representation theory, and applications.
Graduate students and research mathematicians noncommutative ring and module theory, and representation theory.
Table of Contents
- D. D. Anderson and V. Camillo – Subgroups of direct products of groups, ideals and subrings of direct products of rings, and Goursat’s lemma
- Gary F. Birkenmeier, Jae Keol Park and S. Tariq Rizvi – An example of Osofsky and essential overrings
- W. D. Burgess and R. Raphael – On commutative clean rings and pm rings
- Esperanza Sánchez Campos and Patrick F. Smith – Modules satisfying the ascending chain condition on submodules with bounded uniform dimension
- John Dauns – Relative purity, flatness, and injectivity
- Hai Q. Dinh – Repeated-root constacyclic codes of prime power length
- Alina N. Duca – The socle series of indecomposable injective modules over a principal left and right ideal domain
- Noyan Er – Some remarks on a question of Faith
- Alberto Facchini – Subdirect representations of categories of modules
- José L. Gómez Pardo and Pedro A. Guil Asensio – Fitting’s lemma for modules with well-behaved clones
- K. R. Goodearl – Leavitt path algebras and direct limits
- Dolors Herbera – Simple modules over small rings
- B. Huisgen-Zimmermann – A hierarchy of parametrizing varieties for representations
- Dinh Van Huynh, Dinh Duc Tai and Le Van An – On the CS condition and rings with chain conditions
- S. K. Jain, T. Y. Lam and A. Leroy – On extensions and $V$-domains
- T. Y. Lam and Manuel L. Reyes – Oka and Ako ideal families in commutative rings
- Sergio López-Permouth and Steve Szabo – Matrix representations of skew polynomial rings with semisimple coefficient rings
- Peter Pappas – Topological representations of von Neumann regular algebras
- Edmund R. Puczyłowski – A unified approach to some results on one-sided ideals and matrix rings of associative rings
- Jan Trlifaj and David Pospíšil – Tilting and cotilting classes over Gorenstein rings
- Roger Wiegand and Sylvia Wiegand – Semigroups of modules: a survey
- Robert Wisbauer – Generators in module and comodule categories