New Developments in Lie Theory and Geometry
About this Title
Carolyn S. Gordon, Juan Tirao, Jorge A. Vargas and Joseph A. Wolf, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 491
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-4651-3 (print); 978-0-8218-8170-5 (online)
MathSciNet review: 2537080
This volume is an outgrowth of the Sixth Workshop on Lie Theory and Geometry, held in the province of Córdoba, Argentina in November 2007.
The representation theory and structure theory of Lie groups play a pervasive role throughout mathematics and physics. Lie groups are tightly intertwined with geometry and each stimulates developments in the other. The aim of this volume is to bring to a larger audience the mutually beneficial interaction between Lie theorists and geometers that animated the workshop.
Two prominent themes of the representation theoretic articles are Gelfand pairs and the representation theory of real reductive Lie groups. Among the more geometric articles are an exposition of major recent developments on noncompact homogeneous Einstein manifolds and aspects of inverse spectral geometry presented in settings accessible to readers new to the area.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in Lie groups and Lie algebras and their applications.
Table of Contents
- Jorge Lauret – Einstein solvmanifolds and nilsolitons [MR 2537049]
- Cristián U. Sánchez – Algebraic sets associated to isoparametric submanifolds [MR 2537050]
- Lizhen Ji – Mostow strong rigidity and nonisomorphism for outer automorphism groups of free groups and mapping class groups [MR 2537051]
- Roberto J. Miatello and Juan Pablo Rossetti – Spectral properties of flat manifolds [MR 2537052]
- P. Gilkey – Heat content, heat trace, and isospectrality [MR 2537053]
- Dietrich Burde, Karel Dekimpe and Sandra Deschamps – LR-algebras [MR 2537054]
- Chal Benson and Gail Ratcliff – Combinatorial properties of generalized binomial coefficients [MR 2537055]
- Chal Benson and Gail Ratcliff – Spherical functions for the action of a finite unitary group on a finite Heisenberg group [MR 2537056]
- Shamgar Gurevich and Ronny Hadani – Application of the Weil representation: diagonalization of the discrete Fourier transform [MR 2537057]
- Joseph A. Wolf – Infinite dimensional multiplicity free spaces. II. Limits of commutative nilmanifolds [MR 2537058]
- L. Barchini and R. Zierau – Certain components of Springer fibers: algorithms, examples and applications [MR 2537059]
- Esther Galina – Weighted Vogan diagrams associated to real nilpotent orbits [MR 2537060]
- Mark Colarusso – The Gelfand-Zeitlin integrable system and its action on generic elements of and [MR 2537061]
- Patrick Eberlein and Michael Jablonski – Closed orbits of semisimple group actions and the real Hilbert-Mumford function [MR 2537062]
- Nicolás Andruskiewitsch and Fernando Fantino – New techniques for pointed Hopf algebras [MR 2537063]