Imaging Microstructures: Mathematical and Computational Challenges
About this Title
Habib Ammari and Hyeonbae Kang, Editors
This book contains the proceedings of the research conference, “Imaging Microstructures: Mathematical and Computational Challenges”, held at the Institut Henri Poincaré, on June 18–20, 2008.
The problems that appear in imaging microstructures pose significant challenges to our community. The methods involved come from a wide range of areas of pure and applied mathematics. The main purpose of this volume is to review the state-of the-art developments from analytic, numerical, and physics perspectives.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in partial differential equations, inverse problems, and applied mathematics.
Table of Contents
- D. Holcman – Diffusion in cellular microdomains: application to synapses [MR 2581763]
- Gang Bao and Yuanchang Sun – Modeling and computation of the scattering by a nano optical medium [MR 2581764]
- Y. Otani and N. Nishimura – Behaviour of periodic fast multipole boundary integral equation method for Maxwell’s equations near Wood’s anomalies [MR 2581765]
- Roland Griesmaier and Martin Hanke – An asymptotic factorization method for inverse electromagnetic scattering in layered media. II. A numerical study [MR 2581766]
- Darko Volkov – Faults in elastic half space: direct and inverse problem [MR 2581767]
- Eric Bonnetier and Faouzi Triki – Asymptotics in the presence of inclusions of small volume for a conduction equation: a case with a non-smooth reference potential [MR 2581768]
- Kimberly Kilgore, Shari Moskow and John C. Schotland – Inverse Born series for diffuse waves [MR 2581769]
- Victor Isakov – On identification of doping profile in semiconductors [MR 2581770]
- William Lionheart and Vladimir Sharafutdinov – Reconstruction algorithm for the linearized polarization tomography problem with incomplete data [MR 2581771]
- R. G. Novikov – An effectivization of the global reconstruction in the Gel′fand-Calderón inverse problem in three dimensions [MR 2581772]
- George Dassios and Johan C.-E. Sten – The image system and Green’s function for the ellipsoid [MR 2581773]