Foliations, Geometry, and Topology: Paul Schweitzer Festschrift
About this Title
Nicolau C. Saldanha, Lawrence Conlon, Rémi Langevin, Takashi Tsuboi and Paweł Walczak, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 498
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-4628-5 (print); 978-0-8218-8177-4 (online)
MathSciNet review: 2664167
This volume represents the proceedings of the conference on Foliations, Geometry, and Topology, held August 6–10, 2007, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in honor of the 70th birthday of Paul Schweitzer. The papers concentrate on the theory of foliations and related areas such as dynamical systems, group actions on low dimensional manifolds, and geometry of hypersurfaces.
There are survey papers on classification of foliations and their dynamical properties, including codimension one foliations with Bott–Morse singularities. Other papers involve the relationship of foliations with characteristic classes, contact structures, and Eliashberg–Mishachev wrinkled mappings.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in foliations, geometry, and topology.
Table of Contents
- Steven Hurder – Classifying foliations [MR 2664589]
- Takashi Tsuboi – Classifying spaces for groupoid structures [MR 2664590]
- Bruno Scárdua and José Seade – Compact foliations with Bott-Morse singularities [MR 2664591]
- G. Hector and M. A. Chaouch – Dynamiques source-puits et flots transversalement affines [MR 2664592]
- J. L. Arraut and Carlos Maquera – Structurally stable singular actions of having a first integral [MR 2664593]
- Shigenori Matsumoto – The parameter rigid flows on orientable 3-manifolds [MR 2664594]
- Danny Calegari – The Euler class of planar groups [MR 2664595]
- Yoshifumi Matsuda – Global fixed points for groups of homeomorphisms of the circle [MR 2664596]
- PawełG. Walczak – Orthogonal total foliations: Godbillon-Vey forms via local conformal invariants [MR 2664597]
- Francisco J. Andrade, João L. M. Barbosa and Jorge H. S. de Lira – Prescribed mean curvature hypersurfaces in warped products [MR 2664598]
- Hiroki Kodama, Yoshihiko Mitsumatsu, Shigeaki Miyoshi and Atsuhide Mori – On Thurston's inequality for spinnable foliations [MR 2664599]
- Shigeaki Miyoshi and Atsuhide Mori – Reeb components and Thurston's inequality [MR 2664600]
- Y. M. Eliashberg and N. M. Mishachev – Wrinkled embeddings [MR 2664601]