Combinatorial Aspects of Commutative Algebra
About this Title
Viviana Ene and Ezra Miller, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 502
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-4758-9 (print); 978-0-8218-8181-1 (online)
MathSciNet review: 2583268
This volume contains the proceedings of the Exploratory Workshop on Combinatorial Commutative Algebra and Computer Algebra, which took place in Mangalia, Romania on May 29–31, 2008. It includes research papers and surveys reflecting some of the current trends in the development of combinatorial commutative algebra and related fields.
This volume focuses on the presentation of the newest research results in minimal resolutions of polynomial ideals (combinatorial techniques and applications), Stanley-Reisner theory and Alexander duality, and applications of commutative algebra and of combinatorial and computational techniques in algebraic geometry and topology. Both the algebraic and combinatorial perspectives are well represented and some open problems in the above directions have been included.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in combinatorial commutative algebra and applications.
Table of Contents
- Florin Ambro – On the classification of toric singularities [MR 2583269]
- Vittoria Bonanzinga, Viviana Ene, Anda Olteanu and Loredana Sorrenti – An overview on the minimal free resolutions of lexsegment ideals [MR 2583270]
- Vittoria Bonanzinga and Loredana Sorrenti – Cohen-Macaulay squarefree lexsegment ideals generated in degree 2 [MR 2583271]
- Hara Charalambous and Apostolos Thoma – On simple -multigraded minimal resolutions [MR 2583272]
- Teresa Cortadellas Benítez and Santiago Zarzuela Armengou – Tangent cones of numerical semigroup rings [MR 2583273]
- Denis Ibadula – The Igusa local zeta functions of -orbit of Fermat's binary form [MR 2583274]
- Kyouko Kimura, Naoki Terai and Ken-ichi Yoshida – Arithmetical rank of monomial ideals of deviation two [MR 2583275]
- Anca Daniela Măcinic – A survey of combinatorial aspects in the topology of complex hyperplane arrangements [MR 2583276]
- Nicolae Manolache – A class of locally complete intersection multiple structures on smooth algebraic varieties as support [MR 2583277]
- Ezra Miller – Topological Cohen-Macaulay criteria for monomial ideals [MR 2583278]
- Anda Olteanu – Regularity and the case of few generators for Stanley-Reisner ideals of subword complexes [MR 2583279]
- Alin Ştefan – The type of the base ring associated to a transversal polymatroid [MR 2583280]