Operator Structures and Dynamical Systems
About this Title
Marcel de Jeu, Sergei Silvestrov, Christian Skau and Jun Tomiyama, Editors
This volume contains the proceedings of a Leiden Workshop on Dynamical Systems and their accompanying Operator Structures which took place at the Lorentz Center in Leiden, The Netherlands, on July 21–25, 2008.
These papers offer a panorama of selfadjoint and non-selfadjoint operator algebras associated with both noncommutative and commutative (topological) dynamical systems and related subjects. Papers on general theory, as well as more specialized ones on symbolic dynamics and complex dynamical systems, are included.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in operator algebras and applications to dynamical systems.
Table of Contents
- Joakim Arnlind and Sergei Silvestrov – Affine transformation crossed product type algebras and noncommutative surfaces [MR 2590613]
- Gilles G. de Castro – $C^*$-algebras associated with iterated function systems [MR 2590614]
- Kenneth R. Davidson and Elias G. Katsoulis – Nonself-adjoint operator algebras for dynamical systems [MR 2590615]
- Sjoerd Dirksen, Marcel de Jeu and Marten Wortel – Extending representations of normed algebras in Banach spaces [MR 2590616]
- Tsuyoshi Kajiwara – Countable bases for Hilbert $C^*$-modules and classification of KMS states [MR 2590617]
- Wolfgang Krieger and Kengo Matsumoto – Subshifts and $C^*$-algebras from one-counter codes [MR 2590618]
- Kengo Matsumoto – Orbit equivalence in $C^*$-algebras defined by actions of symbolic dynamical systems [MR 2590619]
- M. McGarvey and I. G. Todorov – Normalisers, nest algebras and tensor products [MR 2590620]
- Igor V. Nikolaev – Noncommutative geometry as a functor [MR 2590621]
- Johan Öinert – Simple group graded rings and maximal commutativity [MR 2590622]
- Hiroyuki Osaka, Kazunori Kodaka and Tamotsu Teruya – The Rohlin property for inclusions of $C^*$-algebras with a finite Watatani index [MR 2590623]
- Justin R. Peters – The $C^*$-envelope of a semicrossed product and nest representations [MR 2590624]
- N. Christopher Phillips – Freeness of actions of finite groups on $C^*$-algebras [MR 2590625]
- Jean Renault – Examples of masas in $C^*$-algebras [MR 2590626]
- Thomas Timmermann – A definition of compact $C^*$-quantum groupoids [MR 2590627]
- Yasuo Watatani – Complex dynamical systems and associated $C^*$-algebras [MR 2590628]
- J. D. Maitland Wright – On classifying monotone complete algebras of operators [MR 2590629]