Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations
About this Title
Patricio Cifuentes, José García-Cuerva, Gustavo Garrigós, Eugenio Hernández, José María Martell, Javier Parcet, Alberto Ruiz, Fernando Soria, José Luis Torrea and Ana Vargas, Editors
This volume contains the Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations, held in El Escorial, Madrid, Spain, on June 16–20, 2008.
Featured in this book are papers by Steve Hoffmann and Carlos Kenig, which are based on two mini-courses given at the conference. These papers present topics of current interest, which assume minimal background from the reader, and represent state-of-the-art research in a useful way for young researchers. Other papers in this volume cover a range of fields in Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations and, in particular, illustrate well the fruitful interplay between these two fields.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in harmonic analysis and partial differential equations.
Table of Contents
- Albert Cohen, Wolfgang Dahmen and Ronald DeVore – Instance optimal decoding by thresholding in compressed sensing [MR 2664558]
- Steve Hofmann – Local $T(b)$ theorems and applications in PDE [MR 2664559]
- Carlos E. Kenig – The global behavior of solutions to critical nonlinear dispersive and wave equations [MR 2664560]
- Pascal Auscher and José María Martell – Weighted norm inequalities, off-diagonal estimates and elliptic operators [MR 2664561]
- Jonathan Bennett – Heat-flow monotonicity related to some inequalities in Euclidean analysis [MR 2664562]
- Anthony Carbery – A uniform sublevel set estimate [MR 2664563]
- Pascal Auscher, Andreas Axelsson and Alan McIntosh – On a quadratic estimate related to the Kato conjecture and boundary value problems [MR 2664564]
- Camil Muscalu – Flag paraproducts [MR 2664565]
- Joaquim Ortega-Cerdà and Bharti Pridhnani – The Pólya-Tchebotaröv problem [MR 2664566]
- Michael T. Lacey, Stefanie Petermichl, Jill C. Pipher and Brett D. Wick – Iterated Riesz commutators: a simple proof of boundedness [MR 2664567]
- Gustavo Garrigós and Andreas Seeger – A mixed norm variant of Wolff’s inequality for paraboloids [MR 2664568]
- Sundaram Thangavelu – On the unreasonable effectiveness of Gutzmer’s formula [MR 2664569]
- Luis Vega – Bilinear virial identities and oscillatory integrals [MR 2664570]
- Eugenio Hernández, Hrvoje Šikić, Guido Weiss and Edward Wilson – On the properties of the integer translates of a square integrable function [MR 2664571]