Nonlinear Analysis and Optimization I: Nonlinear Analysis
About this Title
Arie Leizarowitz, Boris S. Mordukhovich, Itai Shafrir and Alexander J. Zaslavski, Editors
This volume is the first of two volumes representing leading themes of current research in nonlinear analysis and optimization. The articles are written by prominent researchers in these two areas and bring the readers, advanced graduate students and researchers alike, to the frontline of the vigorous research in these important fields of mathematics.
This volume contains articles on nonlinear analysis. Topics covered include the convex feasibility problem, fixed point theory, mathematical biology, Mosco stability, nonexpansive mapping theory, nonlinear partial differential equations, optimal control, the proximal point algorithm and semigroup theory. The companion volume (Contemporary Mathematics, Volume 514) is devoted to optimization.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in nonlinear analysis and its applications.
Table of Contents
- Azmy S. Ackleh, Keng Deng and Qihua Huang – Existence-uniqueness results and difference approximations for an amphibian juvenile-adult model [MR 2668235]
- Sergiu Aizicovici, Nikolaos S. Papageorgiou and Vasile Staicu – Three nontrivial solutions for $p$-Laplacian Neumann problems with a concave nonlinearity near the origin [MR 2668236]
- Viorel Barbu – Optimal stabilizable feedback controller for Navier-Stokes equations [MR 2668237]
- Heinz H. Bauschke and Xianfu Wang – Firmly nonexpansive and Kirszbraun-Valentine extensions: a constructive approach via monotone operator theory [MR 2668238]
- Ronald E. Bruck – On the random product of orthogonal projections in Hilbert space II [MR 2668239]
- Dan Butnariu, Elena Resmerita and Shoham Sabach – A Mosco stability theorem for the generalized proximal mapping [MR 2668240]
- Andrzej Cegielski – Generalized relaxation of nonexpansive operators and convex feasibility problems [MR 2668241]
- Yair Censor and Alexander Segal – Sparse string-averaging and split common fixed points [MR 2668242]
- T. Domínguez Benavides and S. Phothi – Genericity of the fixed point property for reflexive spaces under renormings [MR 2668243]
- Kazimierz Goebel and Brailey Sims – Mean Lipschitzian mappings [MR 2668244]
- Takanori Ibaraki and Wataru Takahashi – Generalized nonexpansive mappings and a proximal-type algorithm in Banach spaces [MR 2668245]
- Wiesława Kaczor, Tadeusz Kuczumow and Małgorzata Michalska – The common fixed point set of commuting nonexpansive mappings in Cartesian products of weakly compact convex sets [MR 2668246]
- Laurenţiu Leuştean – Nonexpansive iterations in uniformly convex $W$-hyperbolic spaces [MR 2668247]
- Genaro López, Victoria Martín-Márquez and Hong-Kun Xu – Halpern’s iteration for nonexpansive mappings [MR 2668248]
- J. W. Neuberger – Lie generators for local semigroups [MR 2668249]
- Hong-Kun Xu – An alternative regularization method for nonexpansive mappings with applications [MR 2668250]