Noncommutative Geometry and Global Analysis
About this Title
Alain Connes, Alexander Gorokhovsky, Matthias Lesch, Markus Pflaum and Bahram Rangipour, Editors
This volume represents the proceedings of the conference on Noncommutative Geometric Methods in Global Analysis, held in honor of Henri Moscovici, from June 29–July 4, 2009, in Bonn, Germany.
Henri Moscovici has made a number of major contributions to noncommutative geometry, global analysis, and representation theory. This volume, which includes articles by some of the leading experts in these fields, provides a panoramic view of the interactions of noncommutative geometry with a variety of areas of mathematics. It focuses on geometry, analysis and topology of manifolds and singular spaces, index theory, group representation theory, connections of noncommutative geometry with number theory and arithmetic geometry, Hopf algebras and their cyclic cohomology.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in noncommutative geometry and its relations to other areas of mathematics.
Table of Contents
- Dan Barbasch and Pavle Pandžić – Dirac cohomology and unipotent representations of complex groups [MR 2815128]
- Paul Bressler, Alexander Gorokhovsky, Ryszard Nest and Boris Tsygan – Algebraic index theorem for symplectic deformations of gerbes [MR 2815129]
- Jochen Brüning, Franz W. Kamber and Ken Richardson – Index theory for basic Dirac operators on Riemannian foliations [MR 2815130]
- Alain Connes – The Witt construction in characteristic one and quantization [MR 2815131]
- Michel Dubois-Violette and Giovanni Landi – Lie prealgebras [MR 2815132]
- Nigel Higson – On the analogy between complex semisimple groups and their Cartan motion groups [MR 2815133]
- Atabey Kaygun – A survey on Hopf-cyclic cohomology and Connes-Moscovici characteristic map [MR 2815134]
- Masoud Khalkhali and Arash Pourkia – A super version of the Connes-Moscovici Hopf algebra [MR 2815135]
- Varghese Mathai and Siye Wu – Analytic torsion of $\Bbb Z_2$-graded elliptic complexes [MR 2815136]
- Bertrand Monthubert and Victor Nistor – The $K$-groups and the index theory of certain comparison $C^*$-algebras [MR 2815137]
- Hitoshi Moriyoshi and Paolo Piazza – Relative pairings and the Atiyah-Patodi-Singer index formula for the Godbillon-Vey cocycle [MR 2815138]
- András Némethi – Two exact sequences for lattice cohomology [MR 2815139]
- Bahram Rangipour – Cup products in Hopf cyclic cohomology with coefficients in contramodules [MR 2815140]
- Mariusz Wodzicki – Algebras of $p$-symbols, noncommutative $p$-residue, and the Brauer group [MR 2815141]
- Guoliang Yu – Large scale geometry and its applications [MR 2815142]