New Trends in Noncommutative Algebra
About this Title
P. Ara, University Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain, K. A. Brown, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom, T. H. Lenagan, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, E. S. Letzter, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, J. T. Stafford, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom and J. J. Zhang, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2012: Volume 562
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-5297-2 (print); 978-0-8218-8497-3 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the conference “New Trends in Noncommutative Algebra”, held at the University of Washington, Seattle, in August 2010, in honor of Ken Goodearl's 65th birthday.
The articles reflect the wide interests of Goodearl and will provide researchers and graduate students with an indispensable overview of topics of current interest. Specific fields covered include: noncommutative algebraic geometry, representation theory, Calabi–Yau algebras, quantum algebras and deformation quantization, Poisson algebras, growth of algebras, group algebras, and noncommutative Iwasawa algebras.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in noncommutative algebra, noncommutative algebraic geometry, and Lie algebras.
Table of Contents
- Gene Abrams and Kulumani M. Rangaswamy – Row-finite equivalents exist only for row-countable graphs
- Konstantin Ardakov – The controller subgroup of one-sided ideals in completed group rings
- Jason Bell, Karel Casteels and Stéphane Launois – Enumeration of torus-invariant strata with respect to dimension in the big cell of the quantum minuscule Grassmannian of type
- Jason P. Bell, Lance W. Small and Agata Smoktunowicz – Primitive algebraic algebras of polynomially bounded growth
- Daniel Chan and Colin Ingalls – Conic bundles and Clifford algebras
- Maria Chlouveraki, Iain Gordon and Stephen Griffeth – Cell modules and canonical basic sets for Hecke algebras from Cherednik algebras
- Emre Coskun, Rajesh S. Kulkarni and Yusuf Mustopa – On representations of Clifford algebras of Ternary cubic forms
- Daniel Goldstein and Robert M. Guralnick – Certain subgroups of Weyl groups are split
- K. R. Goodearl and T. H. Lenagan – Primitive ideals in quantum and
- B. Huisgen-Zimmermann and K. R. Goodearl – Irreducible components of module varieties: projective equations and rationality
- David A. Jordan and Sei-Qwon Oh – Poisson brackets and Poisson spectra in polynomial algebras
- L.-Y. Liu, Q.-S. Wu and C. Zhu – Hopf Action on Calabi-Yau algebras
- Ian M. Musson – Finitely generated, non-artinian monolithic modules
- D. Rogalski and J. J. Zhang – Regular algebras of dimension 4 with 3 generators
- Dmitriy Izychev and Otmar Venjakob – Galois invariants of -groups of Iwasawa algebras.
- Milen Yakimov – Strata of prime ideals of De Concini–Kac–Procesi algebras and Poisson geometry
- Amnon Yekutieli – Twisted Deformation Quantization of Algebraic Varieties (Survey)