Computational Algebraic and Analytic Geometry
About this Title
Mika Seppälä, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL and Emil Volcheck, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2012: Volume 572
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-6869-0 (print); 978-0-8218-8989-3 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of three AMS Special Sessions on Computational Algebraic and Analytic Geometry for Low-Dimensional Varieties held January 8, 2007, in New Orleans, LA; January 6, 2009, in Washington, DC; and January 6, 2011, in New Orleans, LA.
Algebraic, analytic, and geometric methods are used to study algebraic curves and Riemann surfaces from a variety of points of view. The object of the study is the same. The methods are different. The fact that a multitude of methods, stemming from very different mathematical cultures, can be used to study the same objects makes this area both fascinating and challenging.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in computational aspects of algebraic and analytic geometry.
Table of Contents
- Anthony Arnold and Klaus–Dieter Semmler – Large hyperbolic polygons and hyperelliptic Riemann surfaces
- Gabriel Bartolini, Antonio F. Costa and Milagros Izquierdo – On isolated strata of pentagonal Riemann surfaces in the branch locus of moduli spaces
- E. Bujalance, F. J. Cirre and M. D. E. Conder – Finite group actions of large order on compact bordered surfaces
- Izzet Coskun – Surfaces of low degree containing a canonical curve
- E. Fortuna, P. Gianni and B. Trager – Ideals of curves given by points
- Darren Glass – Non-genera of curves with automorphisms in characteristic $p$
- Rubén A. Hidalgo and Mika Seppälä – Numerical Schottky uniformizations of certain cyclic L-gonal curves
- Eriko Hironaka – Generalized lantern relations and planar line arrangements
- Kiran S. Kedlaya – Effective $p$-adic cohomology for cyclic cubic threefolds
- K. Magaard, S. Shpectorov and G. Wang – Generating sets of affine groups of low genus
- L. X. Châu Ngô, J. Rafael Sendra and Franz Winkler – Classification of algebraic ODEs with respect to rational solvability
- Christopher T. Sass, Kenneth Stephenson and G. Brock Williams – Circle packings on conformal and affine tori
- Josef Schicho and David Sevilla – Effective radical parametrization of trigonal curves