Geometric Analysis, Mathematical Relativity, and Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
About this Title
Mohammad Ghomi, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, Junfang Li, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, John McCuan, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, Vladimir Oliker, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Fernando Schwartz, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN and Gilbert Weinstein, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2013: Volume 599
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-9149-0 (print); 978-1-4704-1081-0 (online)
This volume presents the proceedings of the Southeast Geometry Seminar for the meetings that took place bi-annually between the fall of 2009 and the fall of 2011, at Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Alabama Birmingham, and the University of Tennessee. Talks at the seminar are devoted to various aspects of geometric analysis and related fields, in particular, nonlinear partial differential equations, general relativity, and geometric topology.
Articles in this volume cover the following topics: a new set of axioms for General Relativity, CR manifolds, the Mañé Conjecture, minimal surfaces, maximal measures, pendant drops, the Funk-Radon-Helgason method, ADM-mass and capacity, and extrinsic curvature in metric spaces.
Graduate students and researchers interested in geometric analysis, nonlinear partial differential equations, and general relativity.
Table of Contents
- Hubert L. Bray – On Dark Matter, Spiral Galaxies, and the Axioms of General Relativity
- Sagun Chanillo, Hung-Lin Chiu and Paul Yang – Embedded three-dimensional CR manifolds and the non-negativity of Paneitz operators
- A. Figalli and L. Rifford – Aubry sets, Hamilton-Jacobi equations, and the Mañé Conjecture
- Ailana Fraser and Richard Schoen – Minimal surfaces and eigenvalue problems
- Hermann König and Alexander Koldobsky – On the maximal measure of sections of the $n$-cube
- John McCuan – Extremities of stability for pendant drops
- Boris Rubin – On the Funk-Radon-Helgason Inversion Method in Integral Geometry
- Fernando Schwartz – Inequalities for the ADM-mass and capacity of asymptotically flat manifolds with minimal boundary
- Jeremy Wong – Bounded extrinsic curvature of subsets of metric spaces