Ring Theory and Its Applications
About this Title
Dinh Van Huynh, Ohio University, Athens, OH, S. K. Jain, Ohio University, Athens, OH, Sergio R. López-Permouth, Ohio University, Athens, OH, S. Tariq Rizvi, Ohio State University, Lima, OH and Cosmin S. Roman, Ohio State University, Lima, OH, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2014: Volume 609
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-8797-4 (print); 978-1-4704-1471-9 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the Ring Theory Session in honor of T. Y. Lam's 70th birthday, at the 31st Ohio State-Denison Mathematics Conference, held from May 25–27, 2012, at The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
Included are expository articles and research papers covering topics such as cyclically presented modules, Eggert's conjecture, the Mittag-Leffler conditions, clean rings, McCoy rings, QF rings, projective and injective modules, Baer modules, and Leavitt path algebras.
Graduate students and researchers in many areas of algebra will find this volume valuable as the papers point out many directions for future work; in particular, several articles contain explicit lists of open questions.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in ring and module theory and algebras.
Table of Contents
- George M. Bergman – Thoughts on Eggert’s Conjecture
- Papiya Bhattacharjee, Michelle L. Knox and Warren Wm. McGovern – $p$-Extensions
- Huanyin Chen, Abdullah Harmancı and A. Çiğdem Özcan – Strongly $J$-Clean Rings with Involutions
- Jianlong Chen, Wenxi Li and Liang Shen – QF Rings Characterized by Injectivities: A Survey
- Hai Q. Dinh – Repeated-Root Cyclic and Negacyclic Codes of Length $6p^s$
- Alberto Facchini, Daniel Smertnig and Nguyen Khanh Tung – Cyclically Presented Modules, Projective Covers and Factorizations
- Jason Gaddis – Isomorphisms of Some Quantum Spaces
- Pedro A. Guil Asensio and Ashish K. Srivastava – Additive Unit Representations in Endomorphism Rings and an Extension of a Result of Dickson and Fuller
- Burcu Ungor, Sait Halicioglu and Abdullah Harmancı – On a Class of $\oplus $-Supplemented Modules
- Dolors Herbera – Definable Classes and Mittag-Leffler Conditions
- Kanchan Joshi, Pramod Kanwar and J. B. Srivastava – A Note on Clean Group Algebras
- Derya Keskin Tütüncü, Patrick F. Smith and Sultan Eylem Toksoy – On Dual Baer Modules
- T. Y. Lam and Pace P. Nielsen – Jacobson’s Lemma for Drazin Inverses
- Gangyong Lee, S. Tariq Rizvi and Cosmin S. Roman – Transfer of Certain Properties from Modules to their Endomorphism Rings
- Tsiu-Kwen Lee and Yiqiang Zhou – From Boolean Rings to Clean Rings
- André Leroy and Jerzy Matczuk – On Right Strongly McCoy Rings
- Barbara L. Osofsky – Compatible Ring Structures on Injective Hulls of Finitely Embedded Rings
- Kenneth L. Price and Stephen Szydlik – Good Matrix Gradings from Directed Graphs
- Kulumani M. Rangaswamy – Leavitt Path Algebras Which Are Zorn Rings
- Manuel L. Reyes – Sheaves That Fail to Represent Matrix Rings
- Surjeet Singh and Ashish K. Srivastava – Rings of Invariant Module Type and Automorphism-Invariant Modules