Perspectives in Representation Theory
About this Title
Pavel Etingof, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, Mikhail Khovanov, Columbia University, New York, NY and Alistair Savage, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2014: Volume 610
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-9170-4 (print); 978-1-4704-1523-5 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the conference Perspectives in Representation Theory, held from May 12–17, 2012, at Yale University, in honor of Igor Frenkel's 60th birthday.
The aim of the conference was to present current progress on the following (interrelated) topics: vertex operator algebras and chiral algebras, conformal field theory, the (geometric) Langlands program, affine Lie algebras, Kac-Moody algebras, quantum groups, crystal bases and canonical bases, quantum cohomology and K-theory, geometric representation theory, categorification, higher-dimensional Kac-Moody theory, integrable systems, quiver varieties, representations of real and $p$-adic groups, and quantum gauge theories.
The papers in this volume present representation theory connections to numerous other subjects, as well as some of the most recent advances in representation theory, including those which occurred thanks to the application of techniques in other areas of mathematics, and of ideas of quantum field theory and string theory.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in representation theory.
Table of Contents
- John Duncan, Pavel Etingof, Ivan Ip, Mikhail Khovanov, Matvei Libine, Anthony Licata, Alistair Savage and Michael Schlosser – On the work of Igor Frenkel
- Alexander Braverman, Michael Finkelberg and Jun’ichi Shiraishi – Macdonald polynomials, Laumon spaces and perverse coherent sheaves
- A. Braverman, H. Garland, D. Kazhdan and M. Patnaik – An affine Gindikin-Karpelevich formula
- Miranda C. N. Cheng and John F. R. Duncan – On the discrete groups of Mathieu Moonshine
- Giovanni Felder and David Kazhdan, with an appendix by Tomer M. Schlank – The classical master equation
- Dennis Gaitsgory and Nick Rozenblyum – DG indschemes
- Toshiyuki Kobayashi – Special Functions in Minimal Representations
- G. Lusztig – Asymptotic Hecke algebras and involutions
- Fyodor Malikov and Vadim Schechtman – Chiral differential operators on abelian varieties
- Hiraku Nakajima – Refined Chern-Simons theory and Hilbert schemes of points on the plane
- Catharina Stroppel and Joshua Sussan – Categorified Jones-Wenzl Projectors: a comparison
- Yongchang Zhu – Weil representations and theta functionals on surfaces