Tropical and Idempotent Mathematics and Applications
About this Title
G. L. Litvinov, Independent University of Moscow, Moscow, Russia and S. N. Sergeev, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2014; Volume 616
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-9496-5 (print); 978-1-4704-1684-3 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the International Workshop on Tropical and Idempotent Mathematics, held at the Independent University of Moscow, Russia, from August 26–31, 2012. The main purpose of the conference was to bring together and unite researchers and specialists in various areas of tropical and idempotent mathematics and applications.
This volume contains articles on algebraic foundations of tropical mathematics as well as articles on applications of tropical mathematics in various fields as diverse as economics, electroenergetic networks, chemical reactions, representation theory, and foundations of classical thermodynamics.
This volume is intended for graduate students and researchers interested in tropical and idempotent mathematics or in their applications in other areas of mathematics and in technical sciences.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in tropical and idempotent mathematics and its applications.
Table of Contents
Download chapters as PDF
- Marianne Akian, Stéphane Gaubert and Alexander Guterman – Tropical Cramer determinants revisited
- Antonio Avantaggiati and Paola Loreti – An approximation of Hopf-Lax type formula via idempotent analysis
- L. P. Belluce, A. Di Nola and A. R. Ferraioli – Ideals of MV-semirings and MV-algebras
- V. I. Danilov, A. V. Karzanov and G. A. Koshevoy – Tropical Plücker functions and Kashiwara crystals
- Jonathan Eskeldson, Miriam Jaffe and Viorel Nitica – A metric on max-min algebra
- Martin Gavalec and Karel Zimmermann – Optimization on the range of a max-separable operator
- Zur Izhakian, Manfred Knebusch and Louis Rowen – Algebraic structures of tropical mathematics
- B. Kh. Kirshtein – Parametric dequantization, tropical reduction of hyperfields and steady states of AC electrical networks
- Nikolai Krivulin – A constrained tropical optimization problem: Complete solution and application example
- Viktor P. Maslov – On the mathematical foundations of classical thermodynamics
- Vladimir Matveenko – Tropical support sets in analysis of weak links and complementarity
- Dmitry Nikolayev – Idempotent algebra models of single-agent and multi-agent dynamics
- Viorel Nitica and Sergeĭ Sergeev – Tropical convexity over max-min semiring
- Vincent Noel, Dima Grigoriev, Sergei Vakulenko and Ovidiu Radulescu – Tropicalization and tropical equilibration of chemical reactions
- Thomas Nowak and Bernadette Charron-Bost – An overview of transience bounds in max-plus algebra
- Edouard Wagneur – Strong independence and injectivity in tropical modules