Variational and Optimal Control Problems on Unbounded Domains
About this Title
Gershon Wolansky, Technion–Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel and Alexander J. Zaslavski, Technion–Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2014: Volume 619
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-1077-3 (print); 978-1-4704-1713-0 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the workshop on Variational and Optimal Control Problems on Unbounded Domains, held in memory of Arie Leizarowitz, from January 9–12, 2012, in Haifa, Israel.
The workshop brought together a select group of worldwide experts in optimal control theory and the calculus of variations, working on problems on unbounded domains.
The papers in this volume cover many different areas of optimal control and its applications. Topics include needle variations in infinite-horizon optimal control, Lyapunov stability with some extensions, small noise large time asymptotics for the normalized Feynman-Kac semigroup, linear-quadratic optimal control problems with state delays, time-optimal control of wafer stage positioning, second order optimality conditions in optimal control, state and time transformations of infinite horizon problems, turnpike properties of dynamic zero-sum games, and an infinite-horizon variational problem on an infinite strip.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in variational and optimal control problems.
Table of Contents
- S. M. Aseev and V. M. Veliov – Needle Variations in Infinite-Horizon Optimal Control
- Abraham Berman, Felix Goldberg and Robert Shorten – Comments on Lyapunov $\alpha $-stability with Some Extensions
- Vivek S. Borkar and K. Suresh Kumar – Small Noise Large Time Asymptotics for the Normalized Feynman-Kac Semigroup
- Yuri Dolgin and Ezra Zeheb – Linear Constraints for Convex Approximation of the Stability Domain of a Polynomial in Coefficients Space
- Valery Y. Glizer – Singular Solution of an Infinite Horizon Linear-Quadratic Optimal Control Problem with State Delays
- Ilya Ioslovich and Per-Olof Gutman – Time-Optimal Control of Wafer Stage Positioning Using Simplified Models
- Jacob Kogan and Yaakov Malinovsky – Robust Stability and Monitoring Threshold Functions
- Eladio Ocaña and Pierre Cartigny – One Dimensional Singular Calculus of Variations in Infinite Horizon and Applications
- Nikolai P. Osmolovskii – Second Order Optimality Conditions in Optimal Control Problems with Mixed Inequality Type Constraints on a Variable Time Interval
- Itai Shafrir and Ilya Yudovich – An Infinite-Horizon Variational Problem on an Infinite Strip
- Diana Wenzke, Valeriya Lykina and Sabine Pickenhain – State and Time Transformations of Infinite Horizon Optimal Control Problems
- Alexander J. Zaslavski – Turnpike Properties of Approximate Solutions of Discrete-Time Optimal Control Problems on Compact Metric Spaces
- Alexander J. Zaslavski – Turnpike Theory for Dynamic Zero-Sum Games