Lie Algebras and Related Topics
About this Title
Marina Avitabile, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Milano, Italy, Jörg Feldvoss, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL and Thomas Weigel, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Milano, Italy, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2015: Volume 652
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-1023-0 (print); 978-1-4704-2815-0 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the Workshop on Lie Algebras, in honor of Helmut Strade's 70th Birthday, held from May 22–24, 2013, at the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Milano, Italy.
Lie algebras are at the core of several areas of mathematics, such as, Lie groups, algebraic groups, quantum groups, representation theory, homogeneous spaces, integrable systems, and algebraic topology.
The first part of this volume combines research papers with survey papers by the invited speakers. The second part consists of several collections of problems on modular Lie algebras, their representations, and the conjugacy of their nilpotent elements as well as the Koszulity of (restricted) Lie algebras and Lie properties of group algebras or restricted universal enveloping algebras.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in Lie theory, quantum groups, and representation theory.
Table of Contents
- Marina Avitabile and Sandro Mattarei – Grading Switching for Modular Non-Associative Algebras
- Yuri Bahturin, Mikhail Kochetov and Jason McGraw – Gradings by Groups on Cartan Type Lie Algebras
- Alexander Baranov – Simple Locally Finite Lie Algebras of Diagonal Type
- Alberto Elduque – Okubo Algebras: Automorphisms, Derivations and Idempotents
- Paolo Faccin and Willem A. de Graaf – Constructing Semisimple Subalgebras of Real Semisimple Lie Algebras
- Lutz Hille – Tilting Modules over the Path Algebra of Type $\Aa $, Polytopes, and Catalan Numbers
- Gregory T. Lee, Sudarshan K. Sehgal and Ernesto Spinelli – Lie Identities on Skew Elements in Group Algebras
- Alexander Premet – Regular Derivations of Truncated Polynomial Rings
- Salvatore Siciliano and Hamid Usefi – Lie Properties of Restricted Enveloping Algebras
- Serge Skryabin – Generic Semisimplicity of Reduced Enveloping Algebras
- Zhaojia Tong, Naihong Hu and Xiuling Wang – Modular Quantizations of Lie Algebras of Cartan Type $H$ via Drinfel’d Twists
- Georgia Benkart and Jörg Feldvoss – Some Problems in the Representation Theory of Simple Modular Lie Algebras
- Willem A. De Graaf – Conjugacy of Nilpotent Elements in Characteristic $p$
- Gregory T. Lee, Sudarshan K. Sehgal and Ernesto Spinelli – Problems on Lie Properties of Skew and Symmetric Elements of Group Rings
- Salvatore Siciliano and Hamid Usefi – Some Problems on Lie Properties of Restricted Enveloping Algebras
- Serge Skryabin – Open Questions on Modular Lie Algebras
- Thomas Weigel – Koszul Lie Algebras