Complex Analysis and Dynamical Systems VI: Part 1: PDE, Differential Geometry, Radon Transform
About this Title
Mark L. Agranovsky, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel, Matania Ben-Artzi, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel, Greg Galloway, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, Lavi Karp, ORT Braude College, Karmiel, Israel, Dmitry Khavinson, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, Simeon Reich, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, Gilbert Weinstein, Ariel University, Ariel, Israel and Lawrence Zalcman, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2015: Volume 653
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-1653-9 (print); 978-1-4704-2817-4 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Complex Analysis and Dynamical Systems, held from May 19–24, 2013, in Nahariya, Israel, in honor of David Shoikhet's sixtieth birthday.
The papers in this volume range over a wide variety of topics in Partial Differential Equations, Differential Geometry, and the Radon Transform. Taken together, the articles collected here provide the reader with a panorama of activity in partial differential equations and general relativity, drawn by a number of leading figures in the field. They testify to the continued vitality of the interplay between classical and modern analysis.
The companion volume (Contemporary Mathematics, Volume 667) is devoted to complex analysis, quasiconformal mappings, and complex dynamics.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in PDEs, differential geometry, and radon transform.
Table of Contents
- Gaik Ambartsoumian and Venkateswaran P. Krishnan – Inversion of a Class of Circular and Elliptical Radon Transforms
- Joanna Barańska and Yuri Kozitsky – Free Jump Dynamics in Continuum
- Jonathan Ben-Artzi – Instabilities in Kinetic Theory and Their Relationship to the Ergodic Theorem
- Neal Bez and Mitsuru Sugimoto – Some Recent Progress on Sharp Kato-type Smoothing Estimates
- Carla Cederbaum – Uniqueness of Photon Spheres in Static Vacuum Asymptotically Flat Spacetimes
- Nelia Charalambous and Zhiqin Lu – The $L^1$ Liouville Property on Weighted Manifolds
- Massimo Cicognani and Michael Reissig – Some Remarks on Gevrey Well-Posedness for Degenerate Schrödinger Equations
- Marcello D’Abbicco – Asymptotics for Damped Evolution Operators with Mass-like Terms
- E. Dyachenko and N. Tarkhanov – Singular Perturbations of Elliptic Operators
- Andrei V. Faminskii – An Initial-Boundary Value Problem in a Strip for Two-Dimensional Equations of Zakharov–Kuznetsov Type
- Yan-Long Fang and Dmitri Vassiliev – Analysis of First Order Systems of Partial Differential Equations
- Petteri Harjulehto and Ritva Hurri-Syrjänen – An Embedding into an Orlicz space for $L^1_1$-Functions from Irregular Domains
- Mohamed Kainane Mezadek and Michael Reissig – Qualitative Properties of Solutions to Structurally Damped $\sigma $-Evolution Models with Time Decreasing Coefficient in the Dissipation
- Marcus Khuri, Gilbert Weinstein and Sumio Yamada – The Riemannian Penrose Inequality with Charge for Multiple Black Holes
- Gershon Kresin and Vladimir Maz’ya – Criteria for Invariance of Convex Sets for Linear Parabolic Systems
- Julian Ławrynowicz, Agnieszka Niemczynowicz, Małgorzata Nowak-Kȩpczyk and Luis Manuel Tovar Sánchez – On an Extension of Harmonicity and Holomorphy
- Sandra Lucente – Large Data Solutions for Critical Semilinear Weakly Hyperbolic Equations
- V. Rabinovich – The Fredholm Property and Essential Spectra of Pseudodifferential Operators on Non-compact Manifolds and Limit Operators
- B. Rubin – Overdetermined Transforms in Integral Geometry