Dynamical Systems, Ergodic Theory, and Probability: in Memory of Kolya Chernov
About this Title
Alexander M. Blokh, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, Leonid A. Bunimovich, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, Paul H. Jung, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, South Korea, Lex G. Oversteegen, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL and Yakov G. Sinai, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2017; Volume 698
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-2773-3 (print); 978-1-4704-4224-8 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the Conference on Dynamical Systems, Ergodic Theory, and Probability, which was dedicated to the memory of Nikolai Chernov, held from May 18–20, 2015, at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama.
The book is devoted to recent advances in the theory of chaotic and weakly chaotic dynamical systems and its applications to statistical mechanics. The papers present new original results as well as comprehensive surveys.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in dynamical systems, ergodic theory, and probability.
Table of Contents
- Leonid Bunimovich – N. I. CHERNOV (1956-2014)
- Terry Adams and Joseph Rosenblatt – Joint coboundaries
- P. Bálint, N. Chernov and D. Dolgopyat – Convergence of moments for dispersing billiards with cusps
- Eleonora Catsigeras, Marcelo Cerminara and Heber Enrich – Weak pseudo-physical measures and Pesin’s entropy formula for Anosov $C^1$-diffeomorphisms.
- C. Cox and R. Feres – No-slip billiards in dimension two
- Carl P. Dettmann – How sticky is the chaos/order boundary?
- Gregory Galperin and Mark Levi – Bouncing in gravitational field
- Nicolai T. A. Haydn and Fan Yang – A derivation of the Poisson law for returns of smooth maps with certain geometrical properties
- Konstantin Khanin and Saša Kocić – Rigidity for a class of generalized interval exchange transformations
- Caleb C. Moxley and Nandor J. Simanyi – Homotopical complexity of a $3D$ billiard flow
- Michael Jakobson – Mixing properties of some maps with countable Markov partitions
- Ya. G. Sinai and I. Vinogradov – Eigenfunctions of Laplacians in some two-dimensional domains
- Domokos Szász – Multidimensional hyperbolic billiards
- Zhihong Xia and Pengfei Zhang – Homoclinic intersections for geodesic flows on convex spheres
- Hong-Kun Zhang – Decay of correlations for billiards with flat points I: channel effects
- Hong-Kun Zhang – Decay of correlations for billiards with flat points II: cusps effect