Contributions of Mexican Mathematicians Abroad in Pure and Applied Mathematics
About this Title
Fernando Galaz-García, Karlsruher Institut Für Technologie, Karlsruhe, Germany, Juan Carlos Pardo Millán, Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas, Guanajuato, Mexico and Pedro Solórzano, Instituto de Matemáticas-Oaxaca, UNAM, Oaxaco, Mexico, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2018; Volume 709
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-4286-6 (print); 978-1-4704-4805-9 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the Second Workshop of Mexican Mathematicians Abroad (II Reunión de Matemáticos Mexicanos en el Mundo), held from December 15–19, 2014, at Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas (CIMAT) in Guanajuato, Mexico.
This meeting was the second in a series of ongoing biannual meetings aimed at showcasing the research of Mexican mathematicians based outside of Mexico.
The book features articles drawn from eight broad research areas: algebra, analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorics, dynamical systems, geometry, probability theory, and topology. Their topics range from novel applications of non-commutative probability to graph theory, to interactions between dynamical systems and geophysical flows.
Several articles survey the fields and problems on which the authors work, highlighting research lines currently underrepresented in Mexico. The research-oriented articles provide either alternative approaches to well-known problems or new advances in active research fields. The wide selection of topics makes the book accessible to advanced graduate students and researchers in mathematics from different fields.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in graph theory, algebraic geometry and topology, dynamical systems, probability, and analysis.
Table of Contents
- Octavio Arizmendi and Oliver Juarez-Romero – On bounds for the energy of graphs and digraphs
- Paulo Carrillo Rouse – The Atiyah-Singer cobordism invariance and the tangent groupoid
- Cecilia González-Tokman – Multiplicative ergodic theorems for transfer operators: Towards the identification and analysis of coherent structures in non-autonomous dynamical systems
- Rita Jiménez Rolland and Joaquín Maya Duque – Representation stability for the pure cactus group
- Victor Kleptsyn and Ana Rechtman – Two proofs of Taubes’ theorem on strictly ergodic flows
- Herbert Lange and Angela Ortega – The fibers of the Prym map of étale cyclic coverings of degree 7
- César Lozano Huerta – Extremal higher codimension cycles of the space of complete conics
- Claudio Meneses – On Shimura’s isomorphism and $(\Gamma , G)$-bundles on the upper-half plane
- Monica Torres – On the dual of $BV$
- Carlos Vargas – A general solution to (free) deterministic equivalents