Contributions in Algebra and Algebraic Geometry
About this Title
Shrikrishna G. Dani, University of Mumbai, Kalina, Mumbai, India, Surender K. Jain, Ohio University, Athens, OH, Jugal K. Verma, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India and Meenakshi P. Wasadikar, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, India, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2019; Volume 738
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-4735-9 (print); 978-1-4704-5534-7 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the International Conference on Algebra, Discrete Mathematics and Applications, held from December 9–11, 2017, at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad (Maharashtra), India.
Contemporary topics of research in algebra and its applications to algebraic geometry, Lie groups, algebraic combinatorics, and representation theory are covered.
The articles are devoted to Leavitt path algebras, roots of elements in Lie groups, Hilbert's Nullstellensatz, mixed multiplicities of ideals, singular matrices, rings of integers, injective hulls of modules, representations of linear, symmetric groups and Lie algebras, the algebra of generic matrices and almost injective modules.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in algebra and its applications to algebraic geometry.
Table of Contents
- Pere Ara – Leavitt path algebras over a poset of fields
- S. G. Dani – Roots of elements in Lie groups and the exponential maps
- Sudhir R. Ghorpade – A note on Nullstellensatz over finite fields
- Kriti Goel, R. V. Gurjar and J. K. Verma – Minkowski inequality and equality for multiplicity of ideals of finite length in Noetherian local rings
- S. K. Jain and A. Leroy – Decomposition of singular elements of an algebra into product of idempotents, a survey
- Anuj Jakhar, Sudesh K. Khanduja and Neeraj Sangwan – Some results on integrally closed domains
- Jae Keol Park and S. Tariq Rizvi – On Examples of Baer and Rickart Module Hulls
- Digjoy Paul, Amritanshu Prasad and Arghya Sadhukhan – Tableau correspondences and representation theory
- K. N. Raghavan, B. Ravinder and Sankaran Viswanath – A relationship between Gelfand-Tsetlin bases and Chari-Loktev bases for irreducible finite dimensional representations of special linear Lie algebras
- Lance Small and Efim Zelmanov – Algebra of generic matrices is not coherent
- Surjeet Singh – Partial endomorphisms of almost self injective modules