Proceedings of the St. Petersburg Mathematical Society, Volume XIV
About this Title
N. N. Uraltseva, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia, Editor. Translated by Tamara N Rozhkovskaya
Publication: American Mathematical Society Translations: Series 2
Publication Year 2009: Volume 228
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-5266-8 (print); 978-1-4704-1828-1 (online)
MathSciNet review: MR2584391
MSC: Primary 00B15; Secondary 00B55
This volume contains articles on analysis, probability, partial differential operators, frames, and other areas of mathematics. The volume also contains a comprehensive article about the classification of pseudo-regular convex polyhedra.
This book is suitable for a broad group of graduate students and researchers interested in the topics presented here.
Research mathematicians interested in various areas of mathematics.
Table of Contents
- V. A. Zheludev, V. N. Malozemov and A. B. Pevnyi – Filter banks and frames in the discrete periodic case
- A. I. Karol′ – Newton polyhedra, asymptotics of volumes, and asymptotics of exponential integrals
- S. G. Kryzhevich and A. Yu. Skolyarov – Approximation methods for unstable manifolds of equilibrium points of autonomous systems
- N. G. Kuznetsov and O. V. Motygin – The Steklov problem in symmetric domains with infinitely extended boundary
- S. A. Nazarov – On the spectrum of the Steklov problem in peak-shaped domains
- V. A. Sloushch – Generalizations of the Cwikel estimate for integral operators
- A. N. Frolov – Asymptotic behavior of probabilities of moderate deviations
- A. M. Gurin and V. A. Zalgaller – On the history of the study of convex polyhedra with regular faces and faces composed of regular ones