| | Contemporary Mathematics
1996; 184 pp; softcover
ISBN-13: 978-0-8218-0306-6 List Price: US$57
Member Price: US$45.60
Order Code: CONM/192
This book consists of papers presented at the first three meetings of the Boise Extravaganza in Set Theory (BEST) at Boise State University (Idaho) in 1992, 1993, and 1994. Articles in this volume present recent results in several areas of set theory.
Features: Here is a sampling of covered topics.
- Filter games and combinatorial properties of winning strategies (C. Laflamme).
- Meager sets and infinite games (M. Scheepers).
- Cardinal invariants associated with Hausdorff capacities (J. Steprans).
Research mathematicians and graduate students working in set theory.
Table of Contents
- R. Aharoni, A. Hajnal, and E. C. Milner -- Interval covers of a linearly ordered set
- E. Amir and H. Judah -- Souslin absoluteness, uniformization and regularity properties of projective sets
- T. Bartoszyński and I. Recław -- Not every \(\gamma\)-set is strongly meager
- A. Blass -- Reductions between cardinal characteristics of the continuum
- C. Laflamme -- Filter games and combinatorial properties of strategies
- R. D. Mauldin -- Analytic non-Borel sets modulo null sets
- J. Pawlikowski -- Laver's forcing and outer measure
- M. Scheepers -- Meager sets and infinite games
- S. Shelah -- On some problems in general topology
- S. Shelah -- Remarks on \(\aleph _1\)-CWH not CWH first countable spaces
- J. Steprāns -- Cardinal invariants associated with Hausdorff capacities