| International Book Series of Mathematical Texts
2006; 174 pp; hardcover
ISBN-13: 978-973-85432-6-3 List Price: US$28
Member Price: US$22.40
Order Code: THETA/7
This is the proceedings volume of two mathematical meetings on Potential Theory organized in Bucharest, Romania, in September 2002 and September 2003. It includes six survey articles and seven selected research papers, covering the main topics of the conferences: geometric aspects in potential theory, Dirichlet structures, stochastic analysis, potential theory, and Markov processes.
A publication of the Theta Foundation. Distributed worldwide, except in Romania, by the AMS.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in potential theory.
Table of Contents Survey articles
- N. Arcozzi, E. C. Tarabusi, F. Di Biasse, and M. Picardello -- A potential theoretic approach to twisting
- D. Feyel -- A survey of the Monge transport problem
- B. Fuglede -- Harmonic maps from Riemann polyhedra to spaces of nonpositive curvature
- F. Hirsch -- Measurable metrics, intrinsic metrics and Lipschitz functions
- A. Lejay and T. Lyons -- On the importance of the Levy area for studying the limits of functions of stochastic processes. Application to homogenization
- V. Metz -- Superadditive Perron-Frobenius theory
- I. Bachar -- Estimates for the Green function and existence of positive solutions of nonlinear equations with Navier boundary conditions
- D. Bakry and Z. Qian -- Volume comparison theorems without Jacobi fields
- N. B. Rhouma and M. Bezzarga -- On a singular value problem and the boundary Harnack principle for fractional Laplacian
- M. Biroli and P. G. Vernole -- Brelot property for the sheaf of harmonics relative to a Dirichlet form
- K. Janssen -- Factorization of excessive kernels
- E. Popescu -- Pseudo differential operators in the context of Feller semigroups and Dirichlet forms
- C. Udrea -- Resolvent and nonlinear potential theory