Return to List
Nonlinear Dynamics and Renormalization Group
A co-publication of the AMS and Centre de Recherches Mathématiques.
| | CRM Proceedings & Lecture Notes
2001; 192 pp; softcover
ISBN-13: 978-0-8218-2802-1 List Price: US$68
Member Price: US$54.40
Order Code: CRMP/27
This book contains the proceedings from the workshop, Nonlinear Dynamics and Renormalization Group, held at the Centre de recherches mathématiques (CRM) in Montréal (Canada), as part of the year-long program devoted to mathematical physics. In the book, active researchers in the fields of nonlinear partial differential equations and renormalization group contribute recent results on topics such as Ginzburg-Landau equations and blow-up of solutions of the nonlinear Schroedinger equations, quantum resonances, and renormalization group analysis in constructive quantum field theory. This volume offers the latest research in the rapidly developing fields of nonlinear equations and renormalization group.
Titles in this series are co-published with the Centre de Recherches Mathématiques.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in partial differential equations and mathematical physics.
Table of Contents
- S. Alama and L. Bronsard -- Analysis of some macroscopic models of high-\(T_c\) superconductivity
- N. D. Alikakos and G. Fusco -- The effect of distribution in space in Ostwald ripening
- D. Auckly and L. Kapitanski -- Mathematical problems in the control of underactuated systems
- O. I. Bogoyavlenskij -- Axially and helically symmetric global plasma equilibria
- O. Costin, J. L. Lebowitz, and A. Rokhlenko -- On the complete ionization of a periodically perturbed quantum system
- J. Dimock -- The sine-Gordon model at \(\beta = 4\pi\)
- G. M. Graf -- Ground states of supersymmetric matrix models
- S. J. Gustafson -- Some mathematical problems in the Ginzburg-Landau theory of superconductivity
- M. K.-H. Kiessling -- Renormalization in radiation reaction: New developments in classical electron theory
- C.-K. Lin -- Singular limit of the modified nonlinear Schrödinger equation
- M. Merkli -- Dynamics of quantum resonances
- H. Nawa -- Nelson diffusions and blow-up phenomena in solutions of the nonlinear Schrödinger equation with critical power
- D. E. Pelinovsky and C. Sulem -- Embedded solitons of the DSII equation
- G. Perelman -- On the blow up phenomenon for the critical nonlinear Schrödinger equation in 1D
- S. Serfaty -- Vorticity for the Ginzburg-Landau model of superconductors in a magnetic field
- A. Soffer -- Dissipation through dispersion
- B. Vasilijevic -- Quantum tunneling at positive temperature