| Contemporary Mathematics
2014; approx. 314 pp; softcover
ISBN-13: 978-0-8218-8797-4 List Price: US$113
Member Price: US$90.40
Order Code: CONM/609
Not yet published.
Expected publication date is March 4, 2014.
This volume contains the proceedings of the Ring Theory Session in honor of T. Y. Lam's 70th birthday, at the 31st Ohio State Denison Mathematics Conference, held from May 25-27, 2012, at Ohio State University. Columbus, Ohio.
Included are expository articles and research papers covering topics such as cyclically presented modules, Eggert's conjecture, the Mittag-Leffler conditions, clean rings, McCoy rings, QF rings, projective and injective modules, Baer modules, and Leavitt path algebras.
Graduate students and researchers in many areas of algebra will find this volume valuable as the papers point out many directions for future work; in particular, several articles contain explicit lists of open questions.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in ring and module theory and algebras.
Table of Contents
- G. M. Bergman -- Thoughts on Eggert's conjecture
- P. Bhattacharjee, M. L. Knox, and W. W. McGovern -- \(p\)-Extensions
- H. Chen, A. Harmancı, and A. C. Özcan -- Strongly \(J\)-clean rings with involutions
- J. Chen, W. Li, and L. Shen -- QF rings characterized by injectivities: A survey
- H. Q. Dinh -- Repeated-root cyclic and negacyclic codes of length \(6p^8\)
- A. Facchini, D. Smertnig, and N. K. Tung -- Cyclically presented modules, projective covers and factorizations
- J. Gaddis -- Isomorphisms of some quantum spaces
- P. A. Guil Asensio and A. K. Srivastava -- Additive unit representations in endomorphism rings and an extension of a result of Dickson and Fuller
- B. Ungor, S. Halicioglu, and A. Harmancı -- On a class of \(\oplus\)-supplemented modules
- D. Herbera -- Definable classes and Mitttag-Leffler conditions
- K. Joshi, P. Kanwar, and J. B. Srivastava -- A note on clean group algebras
- D. Keskin Tütüncü, P. F. Smith, and S. E. Toksoy -- On dual Baer modules
- T. Y. Lam and P. P. Nielsen -- Jacobson's lemma for Drazin inverses
- G. Lee, S. T. Rizvi, and C. Roman -- Transfer of certain properties from modules to their endomorphism rings
- T.-K. Lee and Y. Zhou -- From Boolean rings to clean rings
- A. Leroy and J. Matczuk -- On right strongly McCoy rings
- B. L. Osofsky -- Compatible ring structures on injective hulls of finitely embedded rings
- K. L. Price and S. Szydlik -- Good matrix gradings from directed graphs
- K. M. Rangaswamy -- Leavitt path algebras which are Zorn rings
- M. L. Reyes -- Sheaves that fail to represent matrix rings
- S. Singh and A. K. Srivastava -- Rings of invariant module type and automorphism-invariant modules