Invariant Theory in All Characteristics
A co-publication of the AMS and Centre de Recherches Mathématiques.
| | CRM Proceedings & Lecture Notes
2004; 287 pp; softcover
ISBN-13: 978-0-8218-3244-8 List Price: US$103
Member Price: US$82.40
Order Code: CRMP/35
This volume includes the proceedings of a workshop on Invariant Theory held at Queen's University (Ontario). The workshop was part of the theme year held under the auspices of the Centre de recherches mathématiques (CRM) in Montreal. The gathering brought together two communities of researchers: those working in characteristic 0 and those working in positive characteristic.
The book contains three types of papers: survey articles providing introductions to computational invariant theory, modular invariant theory of finite groups, and the invariant theory of Lie groups; expository works recounting recent research in these three areas and beyond; and open problems of current interest.
The book is suitable for graduate students and researchers working in invariant theory.
Titles in this series are co-published with the Centre de Recherches Mathématiques.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in invariant theory.
Table of Contents
- G. Bousquet and L. Moser-Jauslin -- A local study of embeddings of complexity one
- H. Derksen -- Constructive invariant theory
- H. Derksen and G. Kemper -- On global degree bounds for invariants
- P. Fleischmann -- On invariant theory of finite groups
- A. G. Helminck -- Combinatorics related to orbit closures of symmetric subgroups in flag varieties
- F. Hivert and N. M. Thiéry -- Deformation of symmetric functions and the rational Steenrod algebra
- W. van der Kallen -- Cohomology with Grosshans graded coefficients
- D. B. Karagueuzian and P. Symonds -- The module structure of a group action on a polynomial ring: examples, generalizations, and applications
- N. E. Kechagias -- An invariant theoretic description of the primitive elements of the mod\(-p\) cohomology of a finite loop space which are annihilated by Steenrod operations
- F. Knop -- On Noether's and Weyl's bound in positive characteristic
- M. D. Neusel -- Comparing the depths of rings of invariants
- V. L. Popov -- Moment polytopes of nilpotent orbit closures; dimension and isomorphism of simple modules; and variations on the theme of J. Chipalkatti
- Z. Reichstein -- Compressions of group actions
- L. G. Rybnikov -- Commutativity of weakly commutative Riemannian homogeneous spaces
- G. W. Schwarz -- Group actions and quotients for compact Lie groups and algebraic groups
- J. Segal -- Notes on invariant rings of divided powers
- R. J. Shank -- Classical covariants and modular invariants
- A. V. Smirnov -- Classification of nearly closed orbits for the action of semisimple complex linear groups on the projective spaces
- N. M. Thiéry and S. Thomassé -- Convex cones and SAGBI bases of permutation invariants
- D. L. Wehlau -- Some problems in invariant theory
- R. M. W. Wood -- The Peterson conjecture for algebras of invariants
- O. Yakimova -- Weakly symmetric and weakly commutative spaces