The AMS does not provide abstracts of book reviews. You may download the entire review from the links below.
Full text of review: PDF This review is available free of charge.
Author: Jacek Gilewicz
Title: Approximants de Padé
Additional book information: Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 667, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, 1978, xiv + 511 pp., $21.50.
- 1. George A. Baker Jr., Essentials of Padé approximants, Academic Press [A subsidiary of Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers], New York-London, 1975. MR 0454459
- 2. John L. Gammel and George A. Baker Jr. (eds.), The Padé approximant in theoretical physics, Academic Press, New York-London, 1970. Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Vol. 71. MR 0449282
- 3. C. Brezinski, A bibliography on Padé approximation and related subjects, Publ. No. 96 du Lab. de Calcul, Univ. de Lille (1977).
- 4. H. Cabannes (ed.), Padé approximants method and its applications to mechanics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1976. Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 47. MR 0494843
- 5. P. R. Graves-Morris (ed.), Padé approximants and their applications, Academic Press, London-New York, 1973. MR 0435681
- 6. Peter Henrici, Applied and computational complex analysis. Vol. 2, Wiley Interscience [John Wiley & Sons], New York-London-Sydney, 1977. Special functions—integral transforms—asymptotics—continued fractions. MR 0453984
- 7. W. J. Thron and William B. Jones (eds.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Padé Approximants, Continued Fractions and Related Topics, The Rocky Mountain Mathematics Consortium, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 1974. Held at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo., 21–24 June 1972; Dedicated to the memory of H. S. Wall; Rocky Mountain J. Math. 4 (1974), no. 2. MR 0327433
- 8. William B. Jones and Wolfgang J. Thron, Continued fractions, Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 11, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass., 1980. Analytic theory and applications; With a foreword by Felix E. Browder; With an introduction by Peter Henrici. MR 595864
- 9. E. B. Saff and Richard S. Varga (eds.), Padé and rational approximation, Academic Press, Inc. [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers], New York-London, 1977. Theory and applications. MR 0458010
- George A. Baker, Jr., Essentials of Padé approximants, Academic Press, New York, 1975. MR 454459
- G. A. Baker, Jr. and John L. Gammel, Eds., The Padé approximant in theoretical physics, Academic Press, New York, 1970. MR 449282
- C. Brezinski, A bibliography on Padé approximation and related subjects, Publ. No. 96 du Lab. de Calcul, Univ. de Lille (1977).
- H. Cabannes, Padé approximant method and its applications in mechanics, Lecture Notes in Physics, vol. 47, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1976. MR 494843
- P. R. Graves-Morris, (Ed.), Padé approximants and their applications, Proceedings of a Conference held at the University of Kent, Canterbury, England, (July, 1972), Academic Press, New York, 1973. MR 435681
- P. Henrici, Applied and computational complex analysis, vol. 2, Special Functions, Integral Transforms, Asymptotics and Continued Fractions, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1977. MR 453984
- William B. Jones and W. J. Thron (Eds.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Padé Approximants, Continued Fractions and Related Topics, Rocky Mountain J. Math. 4 (2) (Spring 1974c), 135-397. MR 327433
- William B. Jones and W. J. Thron (Eds.), Continued fractions: Analytic theory and applications, Addison-Wesley Pubishing Company, Inc. (to appear). MR 595864
- E. B. Saff and R. W. Varga, (Eds.), Padé and rational approximation theory and application, Academic Press, Inc., New York, 1977. MR 458010
Reviewer: William B. Jones
Journal: Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 2 (1980), 360-364