The AMS does not provide abstracts of book reviews. You may download the entire review from the links below.
Full text of review: PDF This review is available free of charge.
Author: Jean-Pierre Aubin and Helene Frankowska
Title: Set-valued analysis
Additional book information: System \& Control, Foundation \& Applications, vol.~2, Birkhauser, Boston, 1990, xix + 462 pp., US$65.00. ISBN 0-8176-3478-9.
- [C] Frank H. Clarke, Optimization and nonsmooth analysis, Canadian Mathematical Society Series of Monographs and Advanced Texts, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1983. A Wiley-Interscience Publication. MR 709590
- [E-T] Ivar Ekeland and Roger Temam, Convex analysis and variational problems, North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam-Oxford; American Elsevier Publishing Co., Inc., New York, 1976. Translated from the French; Studies in Mathematics and its Applications, Vol. 1. MR 0463994
- [H] Richard B. Holmes, Geometric functional analysis and its applications, Springer-Verlag, New York-Heidelberg, 1975. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, No. 24. MR 0410335
- [K-T] Erwin Klein and Anthony C. Thompson, Theory of correspondences, Canadian Mathematical Society Series of Monographs and Advanced Texts, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1984. Including applications to mathematical economics; A Wiley-Interscience Publication. MR 752692
- [R] R. Tyrrell Rockafellar, Conjugate duality and optimization, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa., 1974. Lectures given at the Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md., June, 1973; Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, No. 16. MR 0373611
- F. H. Clarke, Optimization and nonsmooth analysis, Wiley, New York, 1983. MR 709590 (85m:49002)
- I. Ekeland and R. Temam, Convex analysis and variational problems, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1976. MR 0463994 (57:3931b)
- R. B. Holmes, Geometric functional analysis and applications, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1975. MR 0410335 (53:14085)
- E. Klein and A. C. Thompson, Theory of correspondences, Wiley, New York, 1984. MR 752692 (86a:90012)
- R. T. Rockafellar, Conjugate duality and optimization, SIAM Publications, Philadelphia, 1974. MR 0373611 (51:9811)
Reviewer: Jonathan Borwein
Journal: Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 26 (1992), 157-160