The optimum addition of points to quadrature formulae
Abstract: Methods are developed for the addition of points in an optimum manner to the Gauss, Lobatto and general quadrature formulae. A new set of -point formulae are derived of degree .
-  Aleksandr Semenovich Kronrod, Nodes and weights of quadrature formulas. Sixteen-place tables, Authorized translation from the Russian, Consultants Bureau, New York, 1965. MR 0183116
-  E. W. Hobson, Spherical and Ellipsoidal Harmonics, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 1931.
-  T. N. L. Patterson, On some Gauss and Lobatto based integration formulae, Math. Comp. 22 (1968), 877–881; addendum, ibid. 22 (1968), no. 104, loose microfiche suppl., D1–D4. MR 0240983, https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-68-99865-7
-  P. Davis and P. Rabinowitz, On the estimation of quadrature errors for analytic functions, Math. Tables and Other Aids to Computation 8 (1954), 193–203. MR 0065256, https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1954-0065256-6
-  C. W. Clenshaw and A. R. Curtis, A method for numerical integration on an automatic computer, Numer. Math. 2 (1960), 197–205. MR 0117885, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01386223
- A. S. Kronrod, Nodes and Weights of Quadrature Formulas, English transl. from Russian, Consultants Bureau, New York, 1965. MR 32 #597. MR 0183116 (32:598)
- E. W. Hobson, Spherical and Ellipsoidal Harmonics, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 1931.
- T. N. L. Patterson, "On some Gauss and Lobatto based quadrature formulae," Math. Comp., v. 22, 1968, pp. 877-881. MR 0240983 (39:2328)
- P. J. Davis & P. R. Rabinowitz, "On the estimation of quadrature errors for analytical functions," Math. Comp., v. 8, 1954, pp. 193-203. MR 16, 404. MR 0065256 (16:404e)
- C. W. Clenshaw & A. R. Curtiss, "A method for numerical integration on an automatic computer," Numer. Math., v. 2, 1960, pp. 197-205. MR 22 #8659. MR 0117885 (22:8659)