The application of invariant imbedding to the solution of linear two-point boundary value problems on an infinite interval
Dale W. Alspaugh
Math. Comp. 28 (1974), 1005-1015
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: Linear two-point boundary value problems defined on an infinite domain are converted to initial-value problems using invariant imbedding. The resulting Riccati equations are integrated numerically until the desired accuracy is obtained. Several criteria for determining the appropriate length of integration are presented. Several example problems are presented.
N. Robertson, The linear two-point boundary-value
problem on an infinite interval, Math.
Comp. 25 (1971),
475–481. MR 0303742
(46 #2878), http://dx.doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1971-0303742-1
Kagiwada, and R.
Kalaba, Dynamic programming, invariant imbedding and thin beam
theory, Internat. J. Engrg. Sci. 7 (1969),
1117–1126 (English, with French, German, Italian and Russian
0249018 (40 #2267)
W. Alspaugh, H.
H. Kagiwada, and R.
Kalaba, Application of invariant imbedding to the buckling of
columns, J. Computational Phys. 5 (1970),
0251952 (40 #5177)
D. W. ALSPAUGH & R. KALABA, Direct Derivation of Invariant Imbedding Equations for Beams from a Variational Principle, RAND Corp., RM-5995-PR, March 1969.
B. Bailey and G.
Milton Wing, Some recent developments in invariant imbedding with
applications, J. Mathematical Phys. 6 (1965),
453–462. MR 0172663
Casti and Robert
Kalaba, Imbedding methods in applied mathematics,
Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass.-London-Amsterdam, 1973.
Applied Mathematics and Computation, No. 2. MR 0471248
H. Meyer, Initial value methods for boundary value problems,
Academic Press [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publishers], New York, 1973.
Theory and application of invariant imbedding; Mathematics in Science and
Engineering, Vol. 100. MR 0488791
- T. N. ROBERTSON, "The linear two-point boundary value problem on an infinite interval," Math. Comp., v. 25, 1971, pp. 475-481. MR 46 #2878. MR 0303742 (46:2878)
- D. W. ALSPAUGH, H. H. KAGIWADA & R. KALABA, "Dynamic programming, invariant imbedding and thin beam theory," Internat. J. Engrg. Sci., v. 7, 1969, pp. 1117-1126. MR 40 #2267. MR 0249018 (40:2267)
- D. W. ALSPAUGH, H. H. KAGIWADA & R. KALABA, "Application of invariant imbedding to the buckling of columns, J. Computational Phys., v. 5, 1970, pp. 56-69. MR 40 #5177. MR 0251952 (40:5177)
- D. W. ALSPAUGH & R. KALABA, Direct Derivation of Invariant Imbedding Equations for Beams from a Variational Principle, RAND Corp., RM-5995-PR, March 1969.
- P. B. BAILEY & G. M. WING, "Some recent developments in invariant imbedding with applications," J. Mathematical Phys., v. 6, 1965, pp. 453-462. MR 30 #2882. MR 0172663 (30:2882)
- J. CASTI & R. KALABA, Imbedding Methods in Applied Mathematics, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1973. MR 0471248 (57:10985)
- G. H. MEYER, Initial Value Methods for Boundary Value Problems, Academic Press, New York, 1974. MR 0488791 (58:8301)
Retrieve articles in Mathematics of Computation
Retrieve articles in all journals
Boundary value problems,
© Copyright 1974 American Mathematical Society