A double shooting scheme for certain unstable and singular boundary value problems
Abstract: A scheme is presented to obtain the unique bounded solution for an exponentially unstable linear system. The scheme consists of choosing random data at large initial values and integrating forwards and backwards until accurate regular boundary values are obtained. Proofs of convergence are given for the case that the homogeneous equation has an exponential dichotomy. Applications to other types of problems are discussed and numerical results are presented.
-  A. BAYLISS, Almost Periodic Solutions to Difference Equations, Courant Institute Report, IMM 409, 1975.
-  C. William Gear, Numerical initial value problems in ordinary differential equations, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1971. MR 0315898
-  Herbert B. Keller, Numerical solution of two point boundary value problems, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa., 1976. Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, No. 24. MR 0433897
-  José Luis Massera and Juan Jorge Schäffer, Linear differential equations and function spaces, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 21, Academic Press, New York-London, 1966. MR 0212324
- A. BAYLISS, Almost Periodic Solutions to Difference Equations, Courant Institute Report, IMM 409, 1975.
- C. WILLIAM GEAR, Numerical Initial Value Problems in Ordinary Differential Equations, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N. J., 1971. MR 0315898 (47:4447)
- H. B. KELLER, Numerical Solution of Two Point Boundary Value Problems, SIAM Monograph 24, Philadelphia, Pa., 1976. MR 0433897 (55:6868)
- JOSE LUIS MASSERA & JUAN JORGE SCHÄFFER, Linear Differential Equations and Function Spaces, Academic Press, New York, 1966. MR 0212324 (35:3197)
Retrieve articles in Mathematics of Computation with MSC: 65L10
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC: 65L10