Asymptotic expansions of integrals of certain rapidly oscillating functions
Authors: U. Banerjee, L. J. Lardy and A. Lutoborski
Journal: Math. Comp. 49 (1987), 243-249
MSC: Primary 41A55; Secondary 41A60
MathSciNet review: 890265
Abstract: An expansion in terms of powers of is given for integrals of the form , where m is a positive integer, is an integrable rapidly oscillating function with period , and is a smooth function.
-  M. Abramowitz & I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York, 1972.
-  Alain Bensoussan, Jacques-Louis Lions, and George Papanicolaou, Asymptotic analysis for periodic structures, Studies in Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 5, North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam-New York, 1978. MR 503330
-  Philip J. Davis, Interpolation and approximation, Dover Publications, Inc., New York, 1975. Republication, with minor corrections, of the 1963 original, with a new preface and bibliography. MR 0380189
-  Vladimir Ivanovich Krylov, Approximate calculation of integrals, Translated by Arthur H. Stroud, The Macmillan Co., New York-London, 1962, 1962. MR 0144464
-  J. N. Lyness, The calculation of Fourier coefficients by the Möbius inversion of the Poisson summation formula. I. Functions whose early derivatives are continuous, Math. Comp. 24 (1970), 101–135. MR 0260230, https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1970-0260230-8
-  Hans J. Stetter, Numerical approximation of Fourier-transforms, Numer. Math. 8 (1966), 235–249. MR 0198716, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02162560
- M. Abramowitz & I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York, 1972.
- A. Bensoussan, J. L. Lions & G. Papanicolaou, Asymptotic Analysis for Periodic Structures, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1978. MR 503330 (82h:35001)
- P. J. Davis, Interpolation and Approximation, Dover, New York, 1975. MR 0380189 (52:1089)
- V. I. Krylov, Approximate Calculation of Integrals, Macmillan, New York, 1962. MR 0144464 (26:2008)
- J. N. Lyness, "The calculation of Fourier coefficients by the Möbius inversion of the Poisson summation formula, Part I. Functions whose early derivatives are continuous," Math. Comp., v. 24, 1970, pp. 101-135. MR 0260230 (41:4858)
- H. J. Stetter, "Numerical approximation of Fourier transforms," Numer. Math., v. 8, 1966, pp. 235-249. MR 0198716 (33:6870)