Large primes and Fermat factors
Author: Jeff Young
Journal: Math. Comp. 67 (1998), 1735-1738
MSC (1991): Primary 11A51; Secondary 11B99
MathSciNet review: 1484904
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: A systematic search for large primes has yielded the largest Fermat factors known.
- 1. Harvey Dubner and Wilfrid Keller, Factors of generalized Fermat numbers, Math. Comp. 64 (1995), no. 209, 397–405. MR 1270618, https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1995-1270618-1
- 2. G. Hardy and E. Wright, The theory of numbers, 4th ed., Oxford Univ. Press, 1975.
- 3. Donald E. Knuth, The art of computer programming. Vol. 2: Seminumerical algorithms, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass.-London-Don Mills, Ont, 1969. MR 0286318
- H. Dubner and W. Keller, Factors of generalized Fermat numbers, Math. Comp. 64 (1995), 397-405. MR 95c:11010
- G. Hardy and E. Wright, The theory of numbers, 4th ed., Oxford Univ. Press, 1975.
- D. Knuth, The art of computer programming, vol. 2, Addison-Wesley, 1969. MR 44:3531
Affiliation: 655F Lone Oak Drive, Eagan, Minnesota 55121
Received by editor(s): June 19, 1995
Received by editor(s) in revised form: May 10, 1996
Article copyright: © Copyright 1998 Jeff S. Young