On vector Lyapunov functions
S. G. Deo
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 29 (1971), 575-580
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: It has been proved that the use of a vector Lyapunov function is more advantageous in certain situations rather than a scalar function. Moreover, each function needs to satisfy less rigid requirements. In this paper a new situation has been considered where vector Lyapunov functions play a further useful role. For this purpose, a new type of stability, namely, strict partial stability has been defined. The principal tool employed is the second method of Lyapunov and a comparision theorem of a more general type.
Bellman, Vector Lyanpunov functions, J. SIAM Control Ser. A
1 (1962), 32–34. MR 0142846
P. Burton and William
M. Whyburn, Minimax solutions of ordinary
differential systems, Proc. Amer. Math.
Soc. 3 (1952),
794–803. MR 0051385
Corduneanu, Sur la stabilité partielle, Rev. Roumaine
Math. Pures Appl. 9 (1964), 229–236 (French). MR 0180725
V. Lakshmikantham and S. Leela, Differential and integral inequalities. Vols. I, II, Academic Press, New York, 1969.
M. Matrosov, The comparison principle with a vector-valued Ljapunov
function. I., Differencial′nye Uravnenija 4
(1968), 1374–1386 (Russian). MR 0234042
- R. E. Bellman, Vector Lyapunov functions, J. SIAM Control Ser. A 1 (1962), 32-34. MR 26 #414. MR 0142846 (26:414)
- L. P. Burton and W. M. Whyburn, Minimax solutions of ordinary differential systems, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 3 (1952), 794-803. MR 14 #470. MR 0051385 (14:470i)
- C. Corduneanu, Sur la stabilité partielle, Rev. Roumaine Math. Pures Appl. 9 (1964), 229-236. MR 31 #4956. MR 0180725 (31:4956)
- V. Lakshmikantham and S. Leela, Differential and integral inequalities. Vols. I, II, Academic Press, New York, 1969.
- V. M. Matrosov, The comparision principle with a vector-valued Lyapunov function. I, Differencial'nye Uravnenija 4 (1968), 1374-1386. (Russian) MR 38 #2361. MR 0234042 (38:2361)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
Vector Lyapunov function,
© Copyright 1971
American Mathematical Society