-Postnikov systems and extensions of -spaces
Author: Albert O. Shar
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 49 (1975), 237-244
MSC: Primary 55D45
MathSciNet review: 0367994
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: Let be a map of CW complexes and let be the fibration induced by .
The following theorems are proven:
Theorem. Assume and are simply connected and that
(a) is epic for all ,
(b) is monic for all (where ).
If is an -space then is an -space such that is an -map.
Theorem. Assume is -connected, is -connected of dimension , and is free. If is an -space and is onto for all then is an -space and the map is an -map.
Analogous theorems are shown to hold for loop spaces.
-  Donald W. Kahn, Induced maps for Postnikov systems, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 107 (1963), 432–450. MR 0150777, https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-1963-0150777-X
-  James Dillon Stasheff, On extensions of 𝐻-spaces, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 105 (1962), 126–135. MR 0178469, https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-1962-0178469-0
-  James Stasheff, 𝐻-spaces from a homotopy point of view, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 161, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1970. MR 0270372
-  Emery Thomas, Seminar on fiber spaces, Lectures delivered in 1964 in Berkeley and 1965 in Zürich. Berkeley notes by J. F. McClendon. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 13, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1966. MR 0203733
- D. W. Kahn, Induced maps for Postnikov systems, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 107 (1963), 432-450. MR 0150777 (27:764)
- J. Stasheff, On extensions of -spaces, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 105 (1962), 126-135. MR 31 #2726. MR 0178469 (31:2726)
- -, -spaces from a homotopy point of view, Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 161, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and New York, 1970. MR 42 #5261. MR 0270372 (42:5261)
- E. Thomas, Seminar on fibre spaces, Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 13, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and New York, 1966. MR 34 #3582. MR 0203733 (34:3582)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society with MSC: 55D45
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC: 55D45