Lifting recursion properties through group homomorphisms
Authors: S. H. Al-Kutaibi and F. Rhodes
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 49 (1975), 487-494
MSC: Primary 54H15
MathSciNet review: 0400183
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: The problem of lifting recursion properties is studied for the case of homomorphisms between transformation groups with different acting groups. It is shown that if the spaces are the same and the group homomorphism is compact-covering then almost periodicity and recurrence lift. This result is applied to certain group actions on covering spaces and on fibre bundles with totally disconnected bundle groups induced by group actions on the base spaces. In particular, it is shown that under suitable conditions if a point in the base space of a fibre bundle with finite bundle group is almost periodic recurrent under the action of a group then every point in the fibre over the given point is almost periodic recurrent under the induced action of a covering group .
-  S. H. Al-Kutaibi, Transferent and referent properties, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Southampton, 1971.
-  Felix E. Browder, Covering spaces, fibre spaces, and local homeomorphisms, Duke Math. J. 21 (1954), 329–336. MR 0062431
-  Walter Helbig Gottschalk and Gustav Arnold Hedlund, Topological dynamics, American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications, Vol. 36, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R. I., 1955. MR 0074810
-  Nelson G. Markley, Lifting dynamical properties, Math. Systems Theory 5 (1971), 299–305. MR 0305384, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01694074
-  F. Rhodes, On lifting transformation groups, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 19 (1968), 905–908. MR 0236903, https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1968-0236903-2
- S. H. Al-Kutaibi, Transferent and referent properties, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Southampton, 1971.
- F. E. Browder, Covering spaces, fibre spaces and local homeomorphisms, Duke Math. J. 21 (1954), 329-336. MR 15, 978. MR 0062431 (15:978a)
- W. H. Gottschalk and G. A. Hedlund, Topological dynamics, Amer. Math. Soc. Colloq. Publ., vol. 36, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., 1955. MR 17, 650. MR 0074810 (17:650e)
- N. G. Markley, Lifting dynamical properties, Math. Systems Theory 5 (1971), 299-305. MR 46 #4514. MR 0305384 (46:4514)
- F. Rhodes, On lifting transformation groups, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 19 (1968), 905-908. MR 38 #5196. MR 0236903 (38:5196)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society with MSC: 54H15
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC: 54H15
Keywords: Transformation group homomorphism, covering space, recursion, compact-covering map
Article copyright: © Copyright 1975 American Mathematical Society