On Serre's problem on projective modules
Author: Moshe Roitman
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 50 (1975), 45-52
MSC: Primary 13C10; Secondary 14F05
MathSciNet review: 0387266
Abstract: The main purpose of this paper is to prove the following result concerning Serre's problem: Any projective module of rank over (where is an infinite field) is free. We give also simple proofs (based on Serre's theorem that to the following particular case of Bass' theorem: any projective module of rank over ( any field) is free, and to Seshadri's theorem: finitely generated projective modules over are free.
-  Aron Simis, When are projective modules free?, Queen’s Papers in Pure and Applied Mathematics, No. 21, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ont., 1969. MR 0255599
-  Oscar Zariski and Pierre Samuel, Commutative algebra, Volume I, The University Series in Higher Mathematics, D. Van Nostrand Company, Inc., Princeton, New Jersey, 1958. With the cooperation of I. S. Cohen. MR 0090581
-  H. Bass, 𝐾-theory and stable algebra, Inst. Hautes Études Sci. Publ. Math. 22 (1964), 5–60. MR 0174604
-  B. L. van der Waerden, Modern algebra. Vol. I, Springer, Berlin, 1930; English transl., Ungar, New York, 1949. MR 10, 587.
- Aron Simis, When are projective modules free? Queen's Papers in Pure and Appl. Math., no. 21, Queen's University, Kingston, Ont., 1969. MR 41 #260. MR 0255599 (41:260)
- O. Zariski and P. Samuel, Commutative algebra. Vol. 1, University Series in Higher Math., Van Nostrand, Princeton, N. J., 1958. MR 19, 833. MR 0090581 (19:833e)
- H. Bass, -theory and stable algebra, Inst. Hautes Études Sci. Publ. Math. No. 22 (1964), 5-60. MR 30 #4805. MR 0174604 (30:4805)
- B. L. van der Waerden, Modern algebra. Vol. I, Springer, Berlin, 1930; English transl., Ungar, New York, 1949. MR 10, 587.